Thankfully today all the kids got to school (Kaila walking with McKenna who lives up the street) and me driving Glenn to school without Addie. Upon reaching Glenn's school I tried getting him out of the car and he wouldn't come. He said he was felling sick. I figured it was because of him reading his new star wars book that he got from the library the whole drive. He gets car sick easily. I got him out of the car finally by saying I was going in without him. It was FREEZING out still and I didn't want to converse in the cold. He finally followed me in. Everything seemed fine until I said I was going to leave and then he didn't want me to go. It was so wierd. I had to trick him into staying by reading him a story and then saying if he came home he would have to go to bed because that would mean he's sick. He finally gave in and went to sit on the carpet. He was fine all day when we got home though he looked tired.
Addie had been up from 5-7 crying out so much saying she was hungry, poopy, or whatever else she could think of to try to get up for the day. Kaila was tired, Glenn was tired, along with Kevin and I. Sadly Kevin dealt with all of it since I never heard her until I heard Kevin talking with her. Everyone was tired in the morning. Kevin was able to get Addie back to sleep after breakfast while I took the Glenn to school. When I got home I laid back down and napped until I needed to pick Kaila up from school.
Addie wouldn't nap today either...I finally left Glenn laying on the couch to rest and watch a show and went upstairs and laid on Kaila's bed to get Addie to sleep if she knew someone was sleeping in the room with her. She always wants Kaila to nap with her. I think it makes her feel safe. I was lucky to get a nice long nap then since she finally fell asleep. Kaila informed us when we all woke up (Kevin was napping too) that Glenn was asleep on his floor in his room. Kevin tried waking him up since it was 5pm and he wouldn't go to bed tonight if he slept too long. Leaving the light on in his room didn't even phase him. I even found him with his body pillow over his body.
Kevin felt like ice cream and pizza for dinner so I ordered some pizza and decided to take the girls with me to the store to get the ice cream and pick up the pizza. Glenn shot up and exclaimed he wanted to go too. I told him that was fine but we all had to get our shoes and coats on and get out the door. He seemed fine then and so did the kids. The problem occurred after we got home and ate the pizza. Glenn said his stomach wasn't feeling great. He played for a little bit and then found me upstairs in the office as I was picking up toys. He made a gagging sound and I asked him if he was going to be sick. He said yes so I told him to go to the bathroom. He walked in the bathroom, lifted the toilet seat, and threw up multiple times. The poor kid. I asked him if he felt better and he said he did! He then acted completely normal again. I wanted the night to be fun for the kids so I had them get their favorite games to play (Hullabaloo and Guess Who, were chosen) and we played them together. After the games I made ice cream for everyone. After eating the ice cream Glenn and I were sitting on his bed and he held his tummy. I reminded him of the garbage can I put by his bed in case he needed it. I got on the ground, picked up the garbage can, and started throwing up again! I couldn't' believe it. The poor boy!
I got everyone else in bed and headed downstairs to do yet more laundry! I pray no one else gets this sickness. UGH! Thankfully he doesn't have a fever and seems fine until he throws up so hopefully it's not the flu. I'm so VERY grateful that I'm not sick along with Kevin. That's a HUGE blessing. I've been gargling with salt water everyday to try and help stay well along with using OnGuard on everyone's feet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment