Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tears & No Tears

This morning I got to work in Kaila's classroom. I LOVE doing that and Kaila LOVES having me in there which is an added bonus.  After picking Kaila up from school and eating lunch Glenn and I headed to see Dr. Chen.  It was his 4 year check up and Glenn hadn't seen Dr. Chen since he was 3 except for once or twice when I had to take him with me for a siblings check up.  Sadly before we left he said he couldn't remember Dr. Chen (which broke her heart to hear that).  He saw a picture of her in the waiting room and then remembered!  Kaila was shocked to hear that he didn't remember her since he has seen her since he was born.  Thankfully he's fine.  He still has a slight heart murmur that Dr. Chen detected at his 3 year check up.  Since he needed his second part of the flu shot he opted to get all his kindergarten shots at once so he could be shot free when he comes in at 5.  Poor guy!  It hurt so bad for him and he had tears streaming down his face.  Sadly the nurse grabbed two of the wrong vaccines and had to stop after the 2nd shot and go get the new ones.  I played it off to Glenn that she was giving him a little break and I tried to distract him.  The poor boy!  He got three stickers and a blue pencil to help him feel better.
Picture taken by Kaila

Glenn's Stats:
Height: 40.75" (3' 4.75")
Weight: 39lbs
BMI: 16.51kg/m2

 Time for X-Rays
After the doctors office and picking up vitamins at the pharmacy we hurried home to get the girls to go to the big kids dentist appointments.  In my rush to get out the door and carrying all of Addie's things (she was so cranky and didn't want to hold anything_we are worried she might be getting sick) I forgot my purse.  Kevin thankfully brought it to me since he was leaving to take Riley out for dinner and a last time to hang out before he leaves on his mission to Peru on Friday.  Thankfully Kaila and Glenn did great at the dentist.




Glenn was completely calm about the whole thing.  I could tell Kaila was a little nervous about it but was trying to be brave.  They got the perfect hygienists for them.  We were blessed with them being able to get cleaned at the same time so Addie and I sat in a chair in between their two chairs which fascinated Addie and it was the only time the whole afternoon that she wasn't whining. Glenn's just got in there and cleaned his teeth.  Kaila's was showing her all the different tools and what they did and she did great!  Much better than the screaming fit that happened last time she was there and ended up not having anything done except for fluoride in my memory serves correctly.  They each got a toy (Glenn-basketball hoop little toy and Kaila-heart shaped slinky).  The only thing we need to do is be sure to floss their back molars otherwise they are doing great!!

Boys watching music videos and such

No comments: