Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Goodbye Oregon, Hello Peru

This morning was playgroup and I was in charge of the activity portion of playgroup.  It was so fun.  I brought play dough. It was a HUGE hit.  I brought books to read and instruments to play along with the Popcorn Popping sound track but the kids didn't need any of that.  They LOVED the play dough.  We had Mother's Who Know too and Emily Jensen was suppose to teach the class but her son got sick so I told her I would take that on for her.  The class went well and I just love getting to meet with the other sisters and hear from them and their input and experiences.
Right after playgroup we came home, I unloaded the bikes and activity stuff I brought, picked up Kevin and we headed out for Dallas.  Riley was having his going away party before heading out for his mission on Friday to drive to ID & UT.  Kevin had a work meeting in Salem at 3 so we had to drive down early which was nice so we could visit with everyone before all the crowds of people got there.










The kids LOVED playing with their cousins.  Tori and Kaila jump roped together, Addie played barbies with the girls and with Kristi, Glenn played with the cars and watch the video games Dalton was playing with Riley. Tackle time with Riley was  hit with Addie and Glenn. It was a wonderful afternoon. We even managed to squeeze in some homework time. Kristi made soup for us for dinner with bread and then we set up stuff for the get together creating veggie platters and getting the chips and dips out.





Shirt Grandpa Vaughn made for him


We sure are going to miss Riley.  He's such a great person.  The people in Peru are lucky to have him coming to them.  His companion will be blessed to have him severing beside them too.  He's seriously one of the best people I know!  We love you Riley.  As we were leaving and said our goodbyes Glenn was putting on his shoes and said that he was really going to miss Riley.  I told him to go get one last goodbye hug since this was his last chance.  He didn't want to go I think do to the huge amount of friends Riley had around him and he didn't feel comfortable going so I went and told Riley and he went over to Glenn to give him a hug.  Such a great cousin!  Then in the car as we were driving away Kaila said, "I miss Riley already!  I don't want him to go."  Kevin then explained what Riley was going to be doing to her and that helped her a little.  We will sure miss him at all the family functions.  It was hard for me to say good-bye and I barley kept back the tears as I hugged him good-bye.

No comments: