Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gross Night

Kaila woke up crying and screaming for me after I had just come downstairs from laying with her for an hour.  She was wondering where I went. I  told her I had laundry and other things to do.  She was getting so upset with me leaving that she wasn't able to breath and was coughing a lot. I  got some oils on her which she freaked out about.  I then got the diffuser from downstairs to put some breathe in for her.  I left after that thinking she would be fine and started writing the book titles down that we read that night on her sheet for her to turn in since it's the last day of January.  She started screaming (her little voice that she has left) for me.  I came running up the stairs thinking something terrible was going on but she was just upset it was taking me so long.  UGH!  I told her I was barely gone and that she needed to calm herself down.  She was getting more and more upset and then Addie started screaming.  I tried calming Kaila down so she could get her breathing under control so she could stop coughing but had to leave her to take care of Addie since she wasn't calming down.  She HATED that I left her.  Then I go into Addie and she is screaming because she's hungry.  I tell her that she can have breakfast in the morning. "Okay," she replies and then I leave the room (making sure to leave the door open).  Then I go back into Kaila.  I tell her I will stay in the room and iron for her to have me around but that she has to do her part relax and close her eyes. 

I start to iron and after a few shirts I hear Glenn open his door, I watch him walk into the bathroom, turn on the light, and he walked over to the toilet.  After a few seconds he starts to cry.  I go and and see him standing in front of the toilet.  I check his pants to see if he peed his pants.  Kevin told me the other night he peed all over himself because he was still half asleep.  He was dry so I pulled down his pants and he started crying even more.  I was so confused until I stepped forward and found my foot had splashed in a pool of pee.  UGH!  I asked Glenn if he was awake which he confirmed so I asked him to wipe his hands and feet with one of the wipes.  He wiped his hands and threw it away.  I asked if he wiped his feet and he shook his head.  I handed him another wipe to wipe his feet and he jumped off the toilet and started cleaning the floor (thankfully I had already wiped the floor up with sanitizing wipes I retrieved from our bathroom).  I finally gave up knowing he was half asleep and just took his shirt off and told him he would need a shower.  He starts to freak out and runs for his room.  I had to pick him up and carry him screaming into our bathroom to get a shower.  He thought it was going to be a cold shower but calmed down when I told him it would be warm, he would just have to wait while the water warmed up. 

As I was getting him out of the shower Addie was screaming and crying.  I found her standing my her door in her room.  I picked her up and told her she needed to go back to sleep.  She asked if the door would be open (she knows if she get out the door gets closed--why she didn't come out of her room).  I told her I would leave the door open but she HAD to close her eyes and go to sleep.  She did so and I got Glenn dressed for bed.  He was excited about his new underwear he was putting on.  He shared his excitement with me.  I commented to him I would be a lot more excited if it was night time.  I told him to get into bed and he looked at me all sad and asked about books.  I told him he already had his book and it was the middle of the night.  Poor boy was so confused!

Thankfully after that everyone stayed in bed.  I came downstairs for a breather since Kevin was at volleyball and missed out on all the drama.  Granted he walks 5 minutes after I sat down and I related all the prior events.  He goes upstairs to check on the kids, moves Kaila over to her bed and EVERYONE was asleep.  He comes downstairs and says, "Good job Babe."  Nice...

No comments: