Wednesday, January 30, 2013

For the Love of Kids

Today Kaila woke up with her normal voice and felt well enough to go to school.  I took her and then came home to take the other kids to playgroup.  We had fun playing Hullabaloo there for the activity portion and then visiting with our friends.  Glenn made a new friend with a little boy in Powell Valley Ward that is also 4.  Jake, Glenn, and their new friend LOVED playing in the dark half of the gym and we content being by themselves most of the time. Addie hung out by me most of the time though would venture off on her scooter or to check on her brother for a moment.  She did manage to swipe my pink lip gloss from my purse though (5 times over).  She got sneakier and sneakier each time!  I had to snag a pic of her CRAZY pink lips/face.



I hurried home with the kids to make lunch and head over to Kaila's school to eat lunch with her..  She LOVED seeing me there.  It was so fun.  I even got to see a friend, Julie, that I use to have sub for me or worked with as she substituted in our class.  She was the BEST ever!  Kaila had me go to recess with her, then she wanted me to stay in her class with her.  I ended up staying the whole day and it was so fun.  Kaila really enjoyed having me there spending special time with just her.  I really enjoyed it too!  I also got to help some of her classmates learn some shapes too which I just love teaching.  The finish off the day it was her classmate, Katya's birthday.  Katya brought Tinkerbell cupcakes to share with everyone.  They were delicious yet green.  VERY green.  The kids were covered in green on their hands and faces.  It was funny.  Ms. Carvajal scrapped the frosting off her cupcake so she wouldn't be sporting the green look as parents came to pick up their kids.  LOL

Tonight I got to make a fun recipe of a Thai Coconut Soup!  It was delish but a little bit spicy for me. It was so fun to spend time in the kitchen chopping veggies and making the dinner.  Addie actually did really well leaving me alone which was pleasant.  She watched from the other side of the counter where Kevin was sitting so she was still next to someone.

After dinner I took Addie and Glenn over to my parents house to give my parents some leftover soup and my mom her birthday present, puzzle of a beautiful countryside landscape with a chapel in view.  The kids each made a homemade card for Nana.  She LOVED the puzzle but the cards were the icing on the cake.  Sadly we couldn't stay long...Kevin called and we both forgot he had family visits to go on.  Usually he goes on Thrusdays but his councelor couldn't go on Thursday so they were going on Wednesday instead.

 Silly Addie...this is how she entertained herself for part of the time while I was cooking. 


No comments: