Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Glennerism's

Today Glenn came home from school and walked into the kitchen where I was getting lunch put together and declares, "Mom. Isn't it funny...James isn't my friend but he didn't hit or stick out his tongue at me.  Isn't it funny."  I thought it over for a second and then replied, "No one should be hitting or sticking their tongue out at you whether they are your friend or not.  I'm glad that he's at least not getting picked on anymore.  We have been praying for that so I'm hoping it's helping.

During nap time Kevin went upstairs to check on Glenn in quiet time after hearing a loud noise in the bathroom.  I heard Glenn run to the office and shut the door.  He found him under the table in there with crayons spread out and puzzles all OVER the floor (about 12 of them).  Kevin calmly told him that he was told to only get one thing out at a time.  He told him to put the crayons away.  He did and then Kevin asked him to clean up the puzzles.  He looks so sad.  Kevin explained that he could clean up by putting the puzzles together and that made him happy.  Kevin left the room and shut the door leaving a crack in the door to see what he was doing.  Glenn sat there for a little while with a puzzled look on his face, stands up and stares at the pile of  pieces from all the puzzles and then smiles and exclaims, "Found it!" as he picks up a piece to his spider man puzzle and turns to put it on a pile of the pieces he's already found on the table.


I just love me sweet little boy!  He's hilarious and is definitely one of a kind.  :-)

No comments: