Poor Kaila was up ALL night Sunday night with her throat hurting and a barking seal cough! I sat up with Kaila until 3am Sunday night/Monday morning. I was so tired I finally had to take her up to bed. She was so upset with me that woke her up after she had finally gotten to sleep. I was so tired though and needed to sleep too. We were up every hour or so with Kaila. The poor girl! Kevin called first thing Monday morning and got an appointment with Dr. Chen for her. Thankfully they had one in 45 minutes so he got up and dressed, got Kaila dress, I did her hair and packed some book, paper, and crayons and they were out the door with a banana in hand for breakfast. After being seen they said she had croup and her temp was a little over 101. Poor thing. Kevin got a steroid for her and poor Kaila was begging to go home to sleep. She slept all morning and I napped after getting the little two breakfast and putting on a TV show though they fought so much while playing that I didn't get much sleep. I was so tired! Kaila was up all afternoon and I was busy doing laundry of bedding along with forcing Kaila to take her medicine which she hated and said was so sour. I felt bad for her but knew she needed it to get better. I was hoping she would quickly get better to go to school today but since she had a fever at the doctors I knew that wouldn't happen since she needs to be fever free for 24 hours. I'm hoping she can go tomorrow so I've been trying to keep her as still as possible.
Last night was better but she came in twice having a hard time breathing. I got her a warm wash cloth and put her in my lap and rocked her in our chair as she was breathing in the cloth and trying to sleep. The first time I needed a pillow for my back and for my neck and we were a little cold with only one of my sweatshirts for a blanket that I had left on the chair. The second time I planned better and grabbed my pillow from the bed for my back and lifted the back cushion for my neck. I grabbed an extra quilt for us to have over us and a towel on my chest to absorb the wetness from the rag. The first time my shirt was soaked so I had to change before going back to bed after putting Kaila back to bed. It was wonderful!
It's so hard to keep her still. She sleeps or rests for awhile and then had some energy and runs around kicking balloons or jumping rope...CRAZY girl. She threw a fit today and then had a coughing attack which I made her stay in the bathroom with the steam of the shower running. I brought her books to read and lunch to eat in there too. Then it was nap time with the diffuser. I still had to remind her to be still this evening and finally put on a movie to make her sit down. She finally calmed down and then I had to hurry to get her to get books for Daddy to read to her to get her to sit again after dinner. Poor girl. I know she wants to do something BUT I really want her to go to school tomorrow since it's her long day at school.
Since I was so tired last night from no sleep as I was reading Kaila books before bed on our bed I got the first book read and was so tired. She had picked three out. The second one she picked up and I told her I was too tired to read any more. She said she would read it to me since it was one of the "Tiny" books. She read it and I fell asleep. I even had a dream while she was reading and then she asked me it that was right. I said no and then woke up to look at the page and it was completely different words from what I saw in my dream. I told her she was right. Thankfully it was the last page. I told her I was exhausted and to get Daddy to read the last book. She did and I fell asleep on the bed at 8pm. Kevin came in at 1am after exercising and woke me a bit. I got up and brushed my teeth and flossed, then went back to bed. I slept through till 8:30 this morning again except the two wakening from Kaila at night. I was still tired with the 12 hours of sleep. I was REALLY tired. So glad I got all that sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment