Monday, January 28, 2013

Sick Little Lady

Poor Kaila woke us up early this morning saying her throat was hurting and she was coughing.  Kevin wanted me to take her temperature which I did and it was 100.6. I got her some of the chewable Tylenol that I picked up at Kaiser when I was with Glenn.  She hated it and I had to coax her into taking the second pill and she should of had three.  I put oils on her (Eucaluptus, OnGuard, and Peppermint and some Ginger on her tummy).  All of her coughing was making her feel she needed to throw up. The poor girl!  She went back to bed but poor Kevin had to get up for his meeting in just 5 minutes from then.  It was going to be a long and tiring day.

I stayed home with Kaila and Kevin took Addie and Glenn to church.  Glenn wore his new red tie and looked so handsome (I wish I would have taken a picture) and Addie wore her red and black dress and I put her hair up in pig tails with red and black clips.  She was darling!  Kaila got herself dressed in a comfy skirt and a striped shirt and hung out on the couch eating toast and watching a movie. I went back upstairs to nap after getting everyone ready and out the door and Kaila set up with her movie/bowl/water/and food.  I was exhausted.  My back is killing me (due to our terrible bed) and my right molar is killing me (has been for a week...I think a filling fell out).  I got up from my nap and went to find Kaila and she wasn't downstairs.  I found her in her bedroom lying in bed.  She was tired but couldn't sleep.  I laid with her to try and get her to sleep but after 10 minutes decided she just needed to rest and not sleep. I got her some paper and crayons to use in her bed as she rested. 

After coloring for a bit I heard everyone coming home from church.  I came to the top of the stairs and asked if those were my sweet kids that I heard.  Addie and Glenn both beamed up at me.  I hurried down the stairs and Addie hurried into my lap as I sat on one of the steps.  Glenn showed me a tootsie roll he had.  I asked him why he had it and he said, "Because I'm Special!"  LOVED it...he truly is special.  Addie then talked to me about having a party (didn't figure that one out).  It was so nice to see them.  I got them some lunch and then put Addie down for a nap as Kevin went out for his visits.  I read to Glenn and Kaila a pile of books and then had them go lay down for a nap too.  Glenn never napped but Kaila did.  Kevin and I snuck in a nap too after he got home. 

I made frozen taco soup for dinner though Glenn and Addie couldn't wait for it to defrost so I made them some PB/C crackers for dinner with sliced up pineapple.  Kaila wasn't into the soup and Kevin fed all of his to Addie and then she ate most of mine too.  I then made chili for me and Kevin made some Cream of Wheat for Kaila, Glenn and himself.

Poor Kaila was still not feeling well.  I had her stand outside in the cold air to help her breathing which seemed to work.  I also made her drink some lemon water, honey water (hated it when I combined the two), and plain warm water.  I put more oils on her too and we gave her some Tylenol.  After a awhile reminded her that she wasn't coughing as much do to doing the things mommy and daddy had been asking her to do.  She realized it too so hopefully it won't be such a fight to get her to do more of those things next time. 
I got the kids in bed after Kevin read them stories and left for his presidency meeting.  Sadly Glenn missed out on his book since he made a mess in his room during quiet time and wasn't trying his best and cleaning it up and was half playing.  He was so upset and it hurt my heart but he has to learn which is rough on the both of us. 

After an hour and a half Kaila came back downstairs with her seal barking cough. It was so sad. She couldn't talk well and was near tears.  I hugged her and told her I wanted her to go outside in the cold again for her cough.  I layered her up with clothes and sent her out.  I put on a Disney Princess Show she could watch through the door.  She came in and could talk much better.  It was a miracle.  Then I had her cuddle with me and I put some of her warm long socks on her to keep her even warmer since she was feeling cold though I think she had another slight temp.  I took it again earlier in the afternoon and it was 99.6 so it was lower but still elevated. 

I tucked her back into bed and then she came back down another 2 hours later.  Kevin held her outside this time and it was breaking his heart to hear her so sick.  I got her more oils after Kevin got her more liquid Tylenol this time.  I sure hope she's able to sleep tonight.  We put her back in her room, instead of in our bed, and I have the ace doTERRA diffuser going on in her room.

We are leaning on the power of the priesthood and prayer that she will get better tomorrow so she is able to return to school on Tuesday.  I really don't want her to miss her long day of school on Wednesday and I know she would be sad to miss that much school too.  She LOVES school which is a huge blessing.

No comments: