Thursday, May 27, 2010

Long Week

Sorry I've been MIA. Our internet wasn't switched over to the "new house" (as DD likes to call it) like it was suppose to and then they were suppose to do it on Monday and that didn't happen so it was Tuesday before we got Internet service again. The move went well (after we finally got some people to come help us move 45 minutes after our scheduled time). We got most everything over to the house and only had to get a few things on Monday. I had two friends over at the old house cleaning for me while I was directing boxes and furniture at the new house. It was CRAZY!!! There were boxes everywhere. I redid the kitchen three times in 2 days trying to figure out where to put things as I found more boxes. I started just getting rid of so many thing since the kitchen has 4 less cabinets and a full bank of drawers less. The drawers I do have now are also 3-4 inches smaller than what I had before so what all fit in one drawer before won't fit now. It's nice motivation to purge though.

MOVING DAY
(love the post it's to tell people where to put things)

Sunday was a little crazy. The kids didn't like the chaos at the house and were VERY cranky. DH finally go the DVD player hooked up which helped a ton. I was grateful to get to church, though that's exhausting too. I had to take LM out in the foyer about 4 times and DH twice. DH sang with a mens group and I was glad I was able to sneak back in to hear him. Church was relaxing otherwise. It was my first Sunday not teaching since we decided to combine YW classes. I was glad DH finally got a break from LM so he could get something out of church. We ate dinner at DH's parent's house so we could get out of the mess of our house. It was nice! I went with my FIL to a music presentation at church and met my mom there. It was wonderful. The kids were in bed when I got home too which was great also!

Monday we went to the old house and my mom and I dug up some of the plants I had planted to take to the new house and tried saving some daffodils that the back hole dug up the previous Sunday. I forgot to get a few more plants but I think I will just count my losses. DH and my FIL striped the wallpaper that DD tore off and then cleaned the carpets. He was gone all day and with all the stress of the house and being PG on top of it I lost my patience again with the kids. I felt so bad. I was not a good mommy and trying to do it all on my own all day was rough especially since there's not much for the kids yet to play with everywhere being boxed up. I found the toy boxes though and tried to get things out for them. My mom put all the DVD's away for us while my Dad worked on getting the dryer hooked up. I need to do laundry since it's over flowing now!

House of Chaos


Tuesday one parent from Preschool came (didn't get my text that it was canceled) but the kids played and I found the watercolors and let them paint. LM drank the gross water and later DD did too. She told me she drank the "yucky water". Weird child.

We got a lot of the house put in order and my MIL came over and I got a lot of office boxes sorted (5-7 file boxes). My FIL and DH switched the washer and dryer around for me but had to get a longer duct for the vent and then I was finally able to start laundry. DD did AWESOME at her swim class. I haven't seen her swim for a long time. We need to work on her taking a breath to help her float now. She's doing so great on her back, putting her face in the water, gliding, and jumping. We had Chinese food afterward with the in-laws. It was a nice evening. After they left and the kids were in bed I crashed on the couch at 8pm and slept until midnight. I then read a new book for awhile and went back to sleep.

DD's Last Swim Class








Kid's Rooms Mostly Completed

No comments: