Thursday, March 11, 2010

Disneyland--Day 2

Today we needed to get up early since we had breakfast with Minnie and her Characters and I needed to do Mary's hair as promised BUT we over slept. We had to hurry and get ready. We woke up Mary as late as we could and hurried out the door. I did her hair in the car on the way there and I think it turned out pretty well. (Never got a good picture of it with her moving all over BUT the Fairy God Mother asked if he got her hair done at the hair place there in Disney...best complement ever!)

The breakfast was delish and I recommend it to everyone. They had so many different foods to choose from (french toast, waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, hash browns, omelets (made to order), fruit of all kinds, breads, donuts...). They had everything you could think of to drink too. It was heaven and we ate until we were stuffed to last the day! It was wonderful to relax and enjoy eating and have the characters come to us. Mary loved the attention though we were disappointed that there weren't any princesses at the breakfast. My favorite character was Captain Hook. He saw Mary's signing book had Tinker Bell on it and wasn't happy about that. Then he noticed her purse with Tinker Bell on it too and pretended to throw it out the window. It was funny! Mary didn't find it as amusing. Eyores ear was so long and kept covering Mary's face. It was pretty funny. She had to move it out of the way and Eeyore had no idea it was happening.


After breakfast I called my friend, Soojin from my '07 July Sparklers Board. We saw Alice and everyone from Alice in Wonderland so while Mary got their signatures I located Soo and we went on Small World and headed over to California Adventures. I love Small World. It was so nice to hang out with Soo too without kids. We were able to talk this time. It was our third time getting together.

When we got to California Adventures we knew it was going to be a hotter day so we got a locker and stored our extra clothes and some snacks we brought and took just what we needed for the next little bit. We went first to Soaring Over California for a fast pass and then we walked over to this awesome place called "Turn the Page". It was so fun! We got to see how clay animation works (Toy Story). Did you know they put it on a turn table and it turns backward but looks like it goes forward to our naked eye. It was crazy and very educational.


We then went over to see the little show about the turtle from Finding Nemo. I was impressed that the animation went with what the guy was saying because the questions and answers correlated with the questions the audience was asking. I dropped my camera in there but they found it on the floor for me. (I forgot my sunglasses on the Roger Rabbit ride yesterday and Thankfully they found them then too). I have been so blessed! We then headed down a ramp and found our selves in the Beasts library from Beauty and the Beast. It was amazing. We got to see what character we were by answering some questions and we got to sing/act a part to a movie and have our voices overlay in the movie. It was lots of fun.





We then went on Soaring Over California. I LOVE that ride. Mary loved it too since it was her first time. I just love how relaxing it is and all the smells with the scenery. AMAZING! After our ride we walked around and decided to go on Tower of Terror. I decided at the end not to risk it and sat it out. There was a bench at the bottom of the stairs where the riders get off their ride. I played a game on my blackberry while I waited for them to get off. They all LOVED it so I told them to go again since there wasn't a line. I just waited and played some more. It was relaxing but when Mary wanted to ride a third time I said no since I didn't want to wait there an hour. Soo had to leave at that point so we said goodbye and headed to the Bug's area. It was so fun! We rode on all the kids rides. My favorite was the ladybug ride. It was unpredictable and could really swing you around. We rode it twice. We hit up the Alladin show (up the 7 flights or so of stairs to the balcony...major butt burner!) next some more Bug rides.

We then got dinner and hit up the tortilla factory. We saw the plans for the rest of California Adventures. I was bummed they didn't have the water feature show ready. It's to start in March and we were there but the beginning of March. We then went to the 3D Bug's show. It was cute and surprising too with all the bugs crawling under you! I even got sprayed by the "venom" (water on the head) though Becca seated next to me was dry. Bad luck!

Mary and her little Friend Ashley having fun and passing the LONG line for Toy Story Mania. The longest line we waited in. Thankfully with the ice cream and a friend to play with Mary was a happy camper.
We went to see about fast passes for California Adventures again since it's one of the rides I ccould go on. After we picked those up we headed up to the playground area with all these rope bridges and such. Mary LOVED this place. We walked all over and played and then Becca realized she didn't have her camera. I told her to go and see if it was turned into lost and found and we let Mary run all around and I watched from a bench at the entrance. Becca came back sadly without her camera. I kept praying it would be turned it the rest of the day and night.


We were going to go ride on the Monsters Inc. ride but it broke down right before we were going to get on so we walked out and discovered the parade was going to start in a half hour or so. We decide to sit and rest and get a front row seat for the parade. Becca and i took turns changing into our warmer clothes since we had the time and it was getting later. The parade was so fun.





After the parade we headed over to Disneyland since CA Adventures closes earlier. We hit up the Tiki Room and I got a Pineapple Whip while Mary and Becca were in the bathroom. It was so yummy and one thing I will crave till I can have it again. It was relaxing to sit and eat.


Next we were off to the Pirates of the Carribean since we didn't get to do that yesterday. I didn't remember it at all from when I was a kid and went on it. Rebecca said they had changed it even from the last time she went on it not too long ago when Mom and Dad visited her the previous time she lived in CA. It was awesome. Mary and Becca decided they were going on Indiana Jones afterward so I decided to ride Pirates again instead of waiting around for them. Sadly their ride was broken down but I was on the ride so they had to wait for me to get off. They did the Swiss Robinson Tree House while I was on the ride and as we were walking back by the ride was now working so they went on it. I went through the tree house and walked through the shops a few times. As it was getting colder. They got off and we decided to go on the Juggle boat Ride and then head home since Mary was exhausted. The ride had a LONG line but we survived it and our tour guide was hilarious. I remember the ride being so boring as a kid and it's probably because all the jokes went over my head.
Juggle Boat Ride


Mary having fun with her Light Stick while waiting for the shuttle.


Once back to the hotel where Becca works and the gift shop was open since they had a huge event happening (natural products at the convention center). I was able to get some shirts for the kids, plates, and a magnet and shirt for me. DH didn't really want anything and there was nothing there I saw he would like that didn't cost $50. I was able to use Rebecca's discount too and saved even more money! It was wonderful and cheaper than Disney. Rebecca picked up the cutest Minnie hat for Mary. Even with the sunscreen we got at the store she was still was turning pink so we hoped a hat would help the next day.

In the car and heading home (picking up Arby's for dinner--Mary's first time eating there). It was nice to get home and hit the sack. We were all exhausted after a fun filled day. We did look up a place to eat with Princesses (Ariel's Grotto) for Mary and decided to eat there the next day but they were closed when I called so we had to call in the morning and hope we could get a reservation.

No comments: