Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Disneyland--Day 1

We went to Disneyland today. Becca got us bus passes to ride to Disney so we could park at her work and ride over. It saved us a fortune and we just had to wait a little for the bus to come. It was a short ride as the bus stopped to pick up other people from the other hotels. Mary was so excited and couldn't wait to get there. The wait was "killing" her.


We went through the check point and then the line for getting into Disneyland. We came in and took the traditional pictures in front of the Mickey Mouse flowerbed. Then we were off. We went through Cinderella's castle after picking up a signature We went on the tea cups first (so much fun!) and then we went to find the princesses. We stopped in to see about getting
Mar's hair done and found that the cheapest was $40 up to $200 for a full makeover. I saw what they were doing and we decided to spend the money on other things and we would stop by the store that night and pick up some hair stuff so I could do her hair in the morning all fancy.

We waited in a long line for the princesses but it passed fairly quickly with us talking. Mar was SO GOOD the whole wait. We found the princesses and Mar got pictures and signatures for her book that Becca bought her that morning. It was so fun. Then we headed over to Toontown and rode some more rides and got lunch.


Then we worked our way across to Splash Mountain and to get a fast pass and rode some fun rides around there. I decided I would ride Splash Mountain though it was on the NO list for pregnant people. It was fun but I was sat in the front. I'm so glad Rebecca talked me into bringing my coat so I wrapped it around my legs and remained dry from all the little splashes and PUDDLES of water landing on my lap (I was able to just wipe off my coat). We headed o
ver to get fast passes for Space mountain, though I sat that one out, visited Pixie Hollow (Tinkerbell and friend), and went on Finding Nemo. I thought it was really fun and a relaxing ride.

Finding Nemo Ride


We then went on The Buzz ride. I did really well on that ride and it was fun.
I think we will do that again later.


"Scary" Orbits ride






We watched the parade and Mary was lucky enough to be part of the parade. There was a part that any of the kids were able to go out and be part of the "congo line". She loved it. After the parade we hurried over to the Blue Bayou for dinner. We were lucky Becca made reservations early because they were booked. Our service was horrible, the food was bad (thankfully Mary liked my dish and I ate her dried out steak) and we were seated by the door and not by the water so the atmosphere wasn't even wonderful. It was very disappointing. I'm glad for their rolls so we could fill up before leaving.

My dinner was the short ribs with scalloped potatoes.
The p
otatoes were great but the meat was VERY fatty and not that good.

It was FREEZING by the time we left and the park had just closed. We went to catch our bus back to the car and were lucky enough to get on a bus that left right at the park closed so we didn't have to wait a half hour for it to be the last bus!

(Leaving Disneyland with a little dance and smile to end the day)

We headed to Walmart after getting in the car and got hair stuff and some snacks for eating at the park and some wet wipes. I didn't realize how much I use those things even without kids around.

Becca and I tried to watch a movie once we got back home but Mary couldn't go to sleep with us watching it so we turned it off and she was out within ten minutes. It was a LONG day and I'm going to bed now. We have breakfast with the characters tomorrow so we have to up kind of early so I can do Mary's hair too.

No comments: