Major chaos with our flight leaving Portland. As my niece (Mar) and I were checking in to get our tickets printed I got a phone call (signed up to get updates about our flight) that it was delayed 45 minutes. I asked the guy there if we would still make our connection. That was going to be a tight connection. He said it should be fine.

We went to our original gate and I got in line to talk to the agents and found out we had to get on a different flight. This time we would be going through Oakland instead of Sacramento. The flight was taking off 2 hours later than our original flight was suppose to BUT we would make it all the way to So. Cal without getting stuck in an airport. We got pizza and an ice cream cone to share, tried watching a movie off Netflix and Hulu (didn't work with the Internet connection...too slow), and I surfed the web and my niece played on her DS after calling mom to find out where it was packed. The time passed quickly and for a 6 year-old my niece was AWESOME. We spent 4.5 hours at the airport before we finally boarded and were on our way. We were lucky and got some nice people to sit by us both times. A businessman sat with us from Portland and helped put our bags up and down from the storage compartments and talked all about what we would see at Disneyland. He told us that Tinker bell flies to the castle during the fireworks and that made Mar so excited!!! He was so kind and even after the flight got off and found the gate to our next connection and came back to the gate to wait for us to get off and told us where we were going! God does send angels to watch over us!!! Our touch down was wonderful too. Very smooth so it was a great first experience for Mar. I called my sis in Oakland to let her know we made it and our next flight was on time. I was so hungry and couldn't wait to eat Cafe Rio that she was picking up for us for dinner!
On our next flight I was working on collages and such for blog posts and the lady sitting next to me said she HAD to ask if I was scrap booking. I told her no but making collages for my blog. I told her I guess it was a glorified scrapbook but it really was more of a journal that I keep and put pics and videos on. It was nice to chat with someone for the hour we were in flight. Our landing into Orange County was NOT smooth. I was actually pretty scared but tried not to show it too much for Mar's sake. we landed and the plane started to skid a little sideways. It was something I don't wish to experience again.
My sister arrived at the airport a little early and had to circle around for us a few times. Mar had to use the restroom again too so we had to wait for her. She was quick though but we were the last off the plane since the only seats they had available for two by each other were in the back by the time we got on. It was so nice to get in the car and head to Huntington. We ate dinner (I just love Cafe Rio's burritos...I will be craving these for a long time till I can have another one) when we got to Becca's and the we crashed and slept.
What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment