Saturday, March 13, 2010

Disneyland--Day 3

We slept in since Disneyland is open later today being Friday. Rebecca called Ariel's Grotto and was able to get us reservations. They guaranteed we would see two other princess besides Ariel and possibly 5. We had already seen Ariel so we were hoping for even more princesses.

Once we arrived at the park we checked with the lost and found for Becca's camera. After a long search through all the cameras and answering a ton of questions the camera was located! Yeah, our prayers were answered. We discovered Becca's camera was black (not silver like she thought) and we were some VERY happy girls after that. A worker even turned in the camera and we are so happy to have the camera back!


We headed into CA Adventures again and went on a little ride and the girls went on a little roller coaster while I called Mom and Dad to let them know the camera was found! By the time they got off the ride it was time to head over to Ariel's Grotto. It was a good thing we had reservations because they were booked for the day! The food was good but I still liked the breakfast better. We lucked out with all the princesses being there! Mary was VERY happy. The best thing was the desserts and everything being edible. I loved the sugar free little cheesecakes the best. Mary loved her white chocolate shell. Rebecca loved the chocolate lava cake.



After lunch we got some pics together from a nice stranger walking on the boardwalk and went to ride the "Fun Wheel". Rebecca told me Mom didn't like the ride when they rode it last time there were there. I found out why. It was SCARY! Rebecca and Mary just laughed at me. It was crazier than a typical Farris wheel though because they were on sliders and you never knew when your cart was going to slide. We were also facing backward so it was even more surprising. We had a fun mom and son in our cart with us though and they enjoyed watching me be freaked out and were kind enough to take a few pictures of us.




After the Fun Wheel we walked along all the arcade area until we found the restrooms and then hit the carousel. Mary was so excited to ride on it. I think we rode on two or three that day between Disneyland and CA Adventures.

We went through the bread factory and walked around a bit. We were going to go on the Monsters Inc. ride but it closed down right before we were going to enter the line so we walked out and down the street. We saw they were setting up for the parade and decided to sit and just wait for the parade. Rebecca took her turn first to change into warmer clothes since the sun was going down soon and Mary and I pulled out the snacks we brought for a little early dinner. Once Becca got back I went and changed. It was crazy. I put on my long sleeved green shirt and I looked down and saw a belly that didn't seem to be there earlier. Rebecca said the same thing! It was crazy. She loved rubbing the belly though!

The paraded started and it was great to have front row seats.

Monsters INC



Toy Story


Cars
Bugs Life



After the parade we got to go on the Monsters INC ride which was just like being in the movie. It was pretty cool. At the end the head lady has someone's voice going with her too becuase they were talking about the guy asleep with the hat in the back (the car in front of ours) and THEN talked about me taking pictures. It was pretty funny. (I ran Mary to the bathroom from that line and everyone knew what we were doing. Thankfully all were nice to let us back in line up to Rebecca).


We then went over to the Muppet's 3D show. Rebecca initially didn't want to go to and Mary didn't seem to care but she didn't even know who they were. I did so we went. It was cute and Mary really liked it.

(While waiting to get in Mary put the 3D glasses on her head/hat
and it looked like Minnie was wearing them.)

After the show we got our stuff from the locker room and changed Mary into her warm clothes and headed across the lot to Disneyland. We went firs to get in line for the Matterhorn since it just opened that day. Rebecca went in search for food (sadly most things were closed...what's up with that?!?!). I opted out of riding that one. Rebecca said that was wise since it was a rough ride. My poor neck and back would NOT have done well on that one. We rode some of the smaller rides in Fantasyland. They were fun. I hadn't ever ridden on most of them. We then were off to go ride some others and then discovered the fireworks show was going to start soon and they were roping everything off. We decided to head to a different part of the park then. I went in search for food. I found a place selling hamburgers (I HAD to have one) but waited for Rebecca and Mary to see if they wanted some. At that point we decided to get them after the firework show and to go find a spot to watch them since it was soon time.

We were pushed along with a huge crowd of people. I saw a space on the grass and climbed over a park bench in between some sleeping people and then helped Mary and Becca over too. Rebecca was worried we were in someone's spot but I figured that if they wanted the space they would have filled in and no one said anything to us. It ended up being an EXCELLENT location! We had the music speakers all around us the fired fireworks along with the ones from the castle and they narrated all these Disney stories to the fireworks. I loved the cannons from Pirates. Mary loved seeing
Tinker Bell flying to the castle and all around. Rebecca had never seen it with the music and speaking parts before. It was AWESOME!!!


Tinkerbell Arrives


Parade Theme


Indiana Jones


Pirates


Medley with Alice In Wonderland


Star Wars


Finale- "Wish Upon A Star"


After the fireworks show we followed this guy with blowing bubbles till we found the bathrooms. Mary loved popping them. I went in search for the place selling hamburgers (I HAD to have one..PG thing) but sadly they were closed! I was kicking myself for not buying one earlier. We went to find more food since we were all hungry. Mary and Rebecca got corn dogs (I hate those even when I'm not PG). Nothing sounded good to me other than a hamburger. I sat at a table and waited for them and rested. I ate a few of their chips and drank some water. Rebecca said we could get a McD's hamburger on the way home. I was counting on it at that point. At that point we decided to get them after the firework show and to go find a spot to watch them since it was soon time.

We went on a few more rides in fantasyland...Peter pan, Snow White scary adventures (everything seemed to be ending creepy with all the little kid rides but you would exit with "they lived happily ever after," WHAT?!?), the Carousel, storybook land ride, and a few others. It was lots of fun and we rode until the park closed at midnight. We were all exhausted but did a lot in our three days!



I was still NEEDING (pregnancy) a hamburger...as promised we hit up McD's on the way home and some how they still messed up my order with onions and no pickle instead of no onion and pickle. It's the pickle I wanted! Thankfully Rebecca had pickles at home so I sliced up a bunch and put them on and scraped off the onion. Yeah!!!

No comments: