Monday, April 13, 2009

Rough start

April 13, 2009

This morning was rough. I woke up to find LM had a blowout again on our bed (he was next to me from nursing). I decided to give him a bath and then DD wanted one too. I had LM on the floor and DD in the tub and LM decided to pee all over the floor! Then DD threw a fit about getting out of the tub and started hitting and kicking (her latest things she likes to do to express how unhappy she is with what's happening to her). It took about 30 minutes to get her dressed from all the time outs she was getting from hitting and kicking. I sure hope this phase ends soon!

I took DD outside to play with her new side walk chalk. She loved it but I think she liked just being outside more. I think she will have lots of fun with it this summer though.

Notice the jump rope in the picture. He loves dragging that thing all over.


LM the past week or so has gotten worse at sleeping too. He is only going 6-7 hours between feedings. Not the usual 8-9 he was doing in CA or the days after our trip. UGH!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone have any advice on how to get the hitting and kicking to stop? I'm wondering if she's learned it from her friend who's also hits. Though it could vary well be the stage she is at. What do you guys think? The last three times she's done it it has actually hurt and been across my face too. :(

About the HITTING and KICKING:
We have been very consistent with her (at least I think we have been). She just doesn't get it. She thinks time out is a game and laughs. I hold her down and she doesn't like it but still does it. We've flicked her (doesn't work). I finally slapped her thigh when she kicked me tonight while changing her though my heart ached as I did it! I really don't want to hit her since I'm telling her not to hit. But she started crying and stopped kicking so that worked for the time being. I really don't know what to do. A friend I go walking with says it lasts until they are 4. She says each year it gets a little better but I can't handle this especially with LM right behind!! I think I'm going to loose my mind if I haven't' already. I really don't know what to do with her.


No comments: