Thursday, March 05, 2009

March 5, 2009

I'm still so sick today. I also set up DD's first appointment dentist appointment on April 7th and had my dentist appointment this morning at 7am too. That was fun to make since I was up all night with LM nursing and trying to get him to lengthen out his feeding schedule so he wouldn't need to eat while I was at my appointment. He went until 6:10am for his last feeding which was perfect! I came home and slept the rest of the morning away with LM. The lady taking my x-rays wasn't that friendly. She didn't really talk to me and then when I started gagging (very typical for me...some have used the children's tabs since they are smaller for me and that has been nice...but this lady just told me to breath through my nose (not in a nice tone). She also took her time to take it out of my mouth too that I finally took the last one out on my own!) Then my hygienist took off for a while and didn't tell me what she was doing or anything (a good 10-15 minutes I just sat in my chair). Then while she was cleaning my teeth she was so careless and kept getting the toothpaste on my tongue and hitting my tongue with her tools. I've never has such sloppy care. I had to keep talking to myself that "It's just tooth paste", "I can handle this", "It will be okay",and "Just breathe through your nose". I finally couldn't handle it at the very end. She was cleaning both the inside and outside of my bottom and then rinsing and then same with the top. Normally my nice hygienists will do a quarter of my teeth at a time to help with the gagging. This time she got almost done and had just a little left and I started to gag! She practically yelled at me to breathe through my nose and then went so far as to mutter that it's just toothpaste and not poison! What a thing to say!!! I couldn't believe it. The dentist was very nice that checked me out but I didn't even get a new tooth brush when the whole experience was through. Thank goodness I don't have any cavities!

I made chicken noodle soup for lunch and moved to the couch. LM slept with me and I watch a little TV. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. DH got me some drugs to take and my OB said they were fine so I hope I'm feeling better tonight or tomorrow. I'm on day 3 of being sick now. YUCK!

I love the smell of the kids shampoo. DD's hair was getting so tangled with the baby stuff and I was using some of my conditioner on her hair but it still wasn't working well so I picked up some at the store a few weeks ago. I gave DD the choice between the fun cartoon charter bottle or the normal one and she chose the normal bottle. The past week or so DD now picks up the shampoo bottle in the shower and tries to put shampoo on her hand and washes her hair (thank goodness she doesn't know how to open the bottle yet. That could be a big potential mess!)
We picked up a bag of clementines at Costco and DD LOVES to suck the juice out of it. DH was laughing to much that I told him to take a video of it since I was laying on the couch sick.

No comments: