Wednesday, March 04, 2009

March 4, 2009

So yesterday (March 3, 2009) we finally got the kids dressed in the St. Patty's outfits and had a mini photo shoot at our house. DH got on one of his shirts and snuck in on a few pictures too. We did it bright and early in the morning so their clothes wouldn't get ruined like early in the week. I think they turned out pretty well. The sun was shinning and LM wasn't a fan of the bright rays and gave us some funny faces. DD wouldn't look at me for a majority of the pics due to the son too.
After coming inside from our photo shoot (it was getting cold and LM wasn't liking it at all) DH pulled out his Irish flags for some more photos with DD. They were pretty cute too. DD had so much fun waving the flags all around.
LM was bushed from all the photos and feel right asleep once he warmed up. He even found his ear while sleeping and held on to it for a long time. It was so funny!
We went to Costco and DD did pretty well even though it was close to lunch time. We drove closer to home and picked up a pizza for lunch. I handed DD a bread stick and she fell asleep mid-bite and still chewing. It was crazy! She just sacked out.
DH reading DD her HUGE Corduroy book.

We got home and I was then feeling horrible and so was DH. We all laid down and took naps. My whole body ached and I could feel a terrible cold coming on. I sucked it up and went to knitting since DH was staying home with the kids and I was just coming home early so he could make it to his basketball game. I was able to get some knitting done which was wonderful! Some friends came over after knitting so we could plan my friend's baby shower (the one with the 10lb 13oz baby). It was fun chit chatting afterward. We stayed up till almost midnight talking. LM was giving big smiles to my friends as they were holding him. I guess he really is finally starting to interact. He gave a big smile on Tuesday too.

_____________________________________________

LM Tried out the play mat for the first time today! He even managed to turn himself a little with all his wiggling off of the caterpillars pillow head. He was happy laying there for a good 10-20 minutes. It's nice to have one more thing to place him though this one isn't as safe (from his big sister- LOL).
Today I still felt horrible but thankfully DH was feeling better. DD was acting so weird. She wouldn't eat lunch (made more of a mess painting everything with the jelly from her sandwich. She was even throwing fits for no apparent reason. I pray she's not getting sick too. She was better this evening so we can hope. I got my haircut today with my mom. It was nice to get out. I'm not too sure what I think of the new look. It's so different. I will have to get use to it. Thankfully it's hair and it grows out. I also went to a gardening class tonight and my friend (a master gardener) said she would come over and help me with everything that's here. The lady that lived her before us was a major gardener! I'm so excited for that. I'm hoping to be able to grow everything for LM to eat once he's on solids this summer.

I gave DD a PB&J sandwich today and look what she did with it...painted her face with the jelly and PB and threw the bread on the chair below her. She was pretty pleased with herself too.
Here's a picture of me DH took when he came home. He found us all sitting on the couch together. You can see in my new haircut I have longer bangs now.

No comments: