Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day

Today was Labor Day! We decided to celebrate by having my parents over for breakfast since my mom wanted to get together with me but I had plans with my cousin for that day. I prepped most of the breakfast the night before including getting the grill out and the cooking utensils ready too. DH helped pick up and set the table.

We had a wonderful breakfast of yummy french toast, sausage, eggs, watermelon, and cantaloupe. It was great. It was fun to just spend some time with my parents and the food was a nice way to celebrate.

My parents and I went to a garage sale after breakfast that was around the corner from us. I found some stuff for DD (a purple fleece hoody for only a dollar, and 5 things out of the quarter box (gloves, tights, 2 pads for the baby, and one outfit). It was lots of fun.

We all headed over to DH's parents house so he could workout and I could pick some blueberries. Unfortunately their bushes were empty and not producing fruit anymore. It was so sad. DD had lots of fun though walking all over there house and practicing more on their stairs. She's getting really good at going down and up them but loves to stand on the them and doesn't have the best balance yet.

Later that afternoon my cousin showed up with her new Saab
convertible. It was so nice to ride in. DD love being in it too. Her eyes got so big when she put the top down. It was cute and funny. The poor girl kept trying to walk around the back seats which were slippery from the leather and being a little tilted. She got frustrated so I took her out. I went with her to show her mom and grandma the new car. They both loved it. Her grandma went for a ride with us though her mom opted to stay home since she had a cold. Her grandma I don't think liked the car as much as we did. She wanted to put the top on and to go home way early after only being out for a few minutes. Oh, well. After dropping Grandma off at her house we headed up to Multnomah Falls and got an ice cream cone. We didn't hike to the top this time, only to the bridge. It was nice to hang out with her since she works all the time so we rarely see each other any more.

When I got home the house was completely empty though the house key was still on the hook and the stroller in the garage. I was confused as to where DH and DD were. I called him up and found they had walked over to his parent's house since he had walked out to go out and grabbed the wrong set of keys. Not the keys with the car key that has DD's car seat in it and that also has the house key on it. He was locked out with a key to his car that he couldn't take DD in. It was sad. That's a long walk having to carry a little girl. She didn't have her shoes on either so she wasn't able to walk part of the way either. I went and picked them up and we ran some errands.

DH and I ended the night by watching the movie he got from Netflix, "Cry Freedom." It was so good and very sad too. I can't believe some people are so hateful towards those of different races. It's awful that it's still happening to this day too.

DD is also teething again. I noticed yesterday that she is cutting two top teeth next to her top middle two (one on each side). It makes since as to why she's waking up sad at night and fussing for a minute here and there. I can't wait till she has them all in and we can be finished with theose painful teeth!

No comments: