Sunday, August 03, 2008

July 31, 2008

Day 2 we woke up and eat breakfast. DH made me eggs and sausage, DD had warmed up pancakes that I made previously at home, and made himself a breakfast burrito. His sister was nice enough to share with us some hot chocolate which helped warm us up from the cold morning air. DD loved the hot chocolate too.

After breakfast and getting dressed for the day (I washed my hair in the trailer's sink, thanks grandma and grandpa) we were ready for the day. DD got tired pretty quickly most likely due to the waking up in the night and staying up so late that she went down for an early nap at 11:30. We planned on leaving for our hike to the waterfalls around 1. This was great since it was give her almost her full nap time before having to get up.

DH and I ate our lunch and I packed one for DD to eat there so she could sleep all the way until we needed to put her in the car seat to leave. Luckily the group was running late and we didn't get out of camp till 1:30pm and I went to get my water shoes and DD woke up. It was perfect timing.












The hike down to Butte Creek Waterfall was pretty easy, yet slick in some areas which was a little scary. It only took about 15 minutes to get there too.














After hiking down DH and I took DD on the little path around so we could be under the falls and explore back there. The pathway had been partially washed away so it was very muddy! It was fun though and we even climbed out on a huge fallen tree by the falls. DH was very scared of dropping DD in the water but we both held her very tight. We had great team work passing her back and forth till we made it to where we wanted to be. She loved the water too!














Side view of the falls from our little walk around to the backside of the falls.
Looking on the backside of the falls. There were tons of boulders of tree logs back there. We had to pass DD back and forth from each other to get safely across them.


DH went with some nephews up the little tunnel that brought him
out of the trees about 150 feet up from the ground.
Can you see him in the middle of the picture? He's about 200 feet up from the ground.

DD loved exploring the rocks!

























Some brave souls even jumped off the top of the fallen tree into the freezing water below! DH decided to join in the fun but I was smart enough to stay dry on the bank. Burrrrrr!













Here's DH after his jump. He has goose bumps all over his body! Thankfully I brought a towel down for DD in case she got wet in the water. DH was able to use it though it was a baby towel.

----------------------------------------------------
Second Fall

After playing at the first falls a few of us continued hiking along the other path to another fall further down (15 minutes more). It was a pretty easy hike but the falls were very far away. DH didn't want me hiking all the way down there. It was probably a good idea but my normal, "I can do anything attitude was taking over." I'm glad I had him there to be my conscious for me.

There was this little dripping waterfall on the path leading to the big one. I thought it was pretty and loved the little stream and foliage that resulted from the water.















This is as far as I got before DH told me I should turn back. He was right but my poor brain won't accept limitations (pregnancy/ hurt shoulder, back, and knees). That's why we are a team and can help guide each other to make good choices. This is a picture of the first fall that I took on my way back up to the car. I loved the trees outlining it. It really shows off Oregon's beauty.
I love all the hanging moss that is in Oregon! It's so pretty in it's own way.
----------------------------------------------------
Waiting for Everyone to Return


-------------------------------------------------------
Back at Camp
I just love this picture of DD's "hand print". She was trying to get to me through the ten because she could hear my voice. It was so cute!
Our new BIG tent that we love.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Playing in Grandpa and Grandma's Trailer

She mastered how to stand up with the handles and loved walking along the chest of drawers. She also figured out how to go up and down their two stairs after falling the first two times. I'm so glad she has finally figured that out and hopefully it transfers to our stairs at home.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Campfire

(We were in charge of dinner for the group which we had French dip sandwiches, tossed salad, watermelon, and baked beans. It was all very yummy!)



M&M were in charge of the devotional and they had sent out a survey weeks before with questions for us to answer. We ended up playing the Family Feud which was lots of fun. We learned a lot too such as DH is a dumb jock since he got half the points for sports (top of the list) and didn't make the list for smartest. Grandpa was the smartest out of the group and our 9 year-old nephew made the list for being president some day.

I kept thinking how big DD looked in this sweatshirt.
My little baby isn't a baby any more. The start of a yawn! Almost time for bed...
Funny story: for DD's bedtime routine we take her upstairs and she begins to cry knowing it's time for bed and then we change her and begin reading scriptures. Some times she calms down since she will have a little bit of time but other times she doesn't so we only read one verse. After scriptures though no matter what once we start to pray she begins to scream thinking that it's time for bed. It's too funny. She even cried the first night at camp once Grandpa started saying the opening prayer for our devotional thinking that she was heading to bed since it was dark out. Too funny!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Beautiful pictures! Where are those waterfalls?

Josh and Leslie said...

I LOVE your new family photo! So stinkin' cute! Call us next time...you could have borrowed a cot from us for sure! Glad you had a great time, those waterfalls look amazing!

Jen J said...

LOVE the new family photo!!! What a beautiful family! I'm so happy that you're having a great time on your camping trip! It sounds beautiful!

LOL about K crying when she thinks that it's time for bed!

Cali said...

Wow! Love the falls! Oregon is soooo beautiful. DD is so pretty!! She's grown so much since we saw her last!