Early every morning I would put her in my sleeping bag with me and warm her up and she would go right back to sleep. Sometimes she would ended up with Daddy for a little while till it was time to eat and then she would come back to me. Last night she even wiggled herself out of the sleeping bag and I had to wake DH up to catch her because she was so fast I was barely holding on to her pant legs. Crazy girl!
Our campsite. DH's sister's family stayed in the tee-pee for the first night and then the kids stayed in it the other nights while the parents put up their own tent to sleep in.
Today was our coldest day by far. Sadly it was the day most were doing paint ball shooting and the rain started to roll in. DH was able to participate the the group going which was nice.
DH's sister offer for him to eat with them - their one pot breakfast. I ate French toast that I had prepped before leaving. Sadly it was taking so long to cook their breakfast that they had to leave to go Paint balling before it was finished cooking.
Here are some action shoots of DH that his Dad took while he was out. He was pleased to tell me when he got back that during one game he took out every person on the other team!
What a stud.
What a stud.
With the boys all gone there was some time to visit with my SIL that lives in San Jose. We hadn't had a chance to really talk yet the whole camping trip and I haven't talked to her in a long time with her crazy schedule and mine. It was great to sit down with her in her trailer and escape the wet surroundings and catch up on each others lives. Her little girl is just a year older than DD and it was fun watching them play and share together. DD just loved giving her little cousin kisses and a few other lucky family members. My sister-in-law even made Injera to share with everyone at the camp (it's an Ethiopian flat bread that resembles the texture and large shape of a pancake that is spread with jam and rolled up, more like a sourdough though). DD LOVES it. She would eat an entire one all by herself.
After the boys returned DD and I headed down to the parent's trailer where DH was. He was in the back trying to take a nap. I went up to talk to him and the next thing I know DD is trying to crawl up under the door to the room. She just had to see her daddy too! DH eventually headed to our tent to get some shut eye without others around.
DD and I stayed in the warm trailer and DD practiced climbing up and down their two stairs and walking. She had tried walking since we were at my parents the Sunday before so I was pleased she wanted to give it a shot again! She was doing really well too and Grandpa was able to get two great pictures of her walking!
Learning to go up and down the stairs.

After dinner we had our spiritual thought. It was about how each of us is important in our own ways and then we played the game to lies and one truth and we had to pick out the truth. It was a very fun last evening of our camping trip. We all visited in the warm Yurt and played more games (love your neighbor and catch phrase) while DD practiced walking back and forth between select people. She even made it to 12 steps someone counted. She was definitely the entertainment for the evening. I think she will be walking fully in the next couple of weeks. Since she's finally letting go and trying to walk which was the only thing holding her back the last few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment