The first day there at camp we arrived at 3 (an hour later than planned but that's what happens when trying to pack up a family and trying to remember everything). DH and his brother set up our tent and I unpacked my stuff and DD's. I was fortunate enough to be sleeping on a cot since the ground was rocky (poor DH wasn't as lucky but used our two blankets we brought for padding). I loved the cot since I was able to put all my belongings under it and not take up more floor space. Our new tent that we got from the REI sale is awesome. It was huge and even with a pack-n-play in there we had tons of room!(This picture is of DD starving once we arrived after her nap and she ended up dumping her cracker box all over her. If you click on them and enlarge the picture you will see all the crumbs on her black pants!)
DD and I went around visiting people while DH helped other's set up their RV's and tents. We got a major work out traveling between to campsites since they were situated along a hill side and we had the very bottom one and the top ones too.
Banana's are the best!

Yummy S'mores! DD's first time eating one. DH's sister's family had an exchange student for the month from Taiwan. He had never tasted one so I made sure to make him the best one! I melted the chocolate on the gram cracker while roasting the perfectly golden marshmallow and then took it to him. He was in love! It was great watching him experience it for the first time.
DD's cousins enjoying the campfire!
The yurt even had a ping-pong table. Everyone enjoyed challenging each other to a tournament and the little boys even played the game "welts". They wanted me to play it too but I knew better than to play a game with that type of name!

DD exploring the yurt that her Uncle and Aunt Rented for the camping trip! Thank goodness that stove was cold at the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment