Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun Tidbits about DD

Talking- DD doesn't say a whole lot. She says: mama, dada, daddy, "duck" (she won't say it any more though Ü, "clean up" though it's more like "ea-up" from the song (all I have to do is start singing it and she will say the clean up part and I fill in the rest of the song.) I think that's it. She loves her own gibber jabber. She is very expressive and uses her hands to talk and so many times waves her hand in the air. It's too cute!

Whinning/fits- When DD is throwing one I usually ignore her depending on what it is, or I pick her up and move her to have her screaming fit somewhere else (which ticks her off but I tell her she can come back when she's finished and it's worked the couple of times I've done that recently).

=================================================
Something that I started a couple of months ago is to make a ton (double the recipe) of pancakes, waffles and French toast and then freeze the extras in freezer bags. Then all I have to do is reheat them up in the microwave for a few seconds in the morning. It's a lot cheaper than buying them frozen in the store. It's great. I'm thinking of trying to blending up some veggies/fruits (cauliflower, banana and such) and add it to the batter to get her eating some fruits and veggies that way.

DD's a pig though and will eat for breakfast yo baby and either banana or grapes along with 1.5 or 2 pancakes or French toast pieces. I also give her some cereal to eat on while I get her breakfast together.

For lunch She loves quesadillas, cheese melted on bread cut in strips, pizza, honey or jam sandwiches, nachos (I crush the chips with my hand into tiny pieces and then melt the cheese on top).

For dinner- Mash potatoes, rice and corn, spaghetti, enchiladas, manwiches, and pasta salad. I can't think of anything else right now but I always have her try what we are eating. I've found that she doesn't like beef flavored things but loves flavor! I once tried to give her the pasta salad without putting the Italian dressing on it (I forgot about it). She wouldn't eat it and then I remember the dressing and and gobbled it up!

No comments: