So a friend of mine challenged me to come up with a minimum of 50 Interesting Things about myself. I doubt there are really that many interesting things about me but I accept her challenge.
1.) I was born at home (technically in the attic)
2.) We had 5 kids living at home with only a two bedroom house with 1 bathroom- I have 3 brothers too (hence my mom cleaned the toilet every day).
3.) It took us 15 months to concieve Kaila
4.) We weren't trying at all to concieve baby #2
5.) I attended college in Hawaii for a semester.
6.) I learned to surf while I was there.
7.) I took a series of violin lessons and learned to play "Mary had a Little Lamb"
8.) I did gymnastics as a kid and loved it
9.) My favorite food is tacos and have eat in the double digits in one sitting
10.) I once at girls camp took over 100 pictures in less than 24 hours and that was on regular film
11.) My favorite colors are blue and green
12.) I shared a room with my sister until I was 14 and one of my brothers left on his mission.
13.) I graduated from MHCC with an Associates of Arts
14.) I graduated from PSU with a Bachelors of Science
15.) I've played the flute since 5th grade
16.) I also play the piano though not well at all.
17.) I love basketball
18.) I was the MPV of my 8th grade volleyball team and could serve a perfect game.
19.) I once served the ball and it hit a boy on the top of his head, oops.
20.) I grew up on 5 acres and loved it
21.) I once climbed up a tree and was too scared to come back down that my brother had to climb up after me to help me down.
22.) The front wheel on my bike when I was about 10 flipped around while I was riding down our gravel driveway which laid the bike out and I ended up with a huge scab and scar on my chest (it eventually faded away).
23.) My parents ran a fireworks stand while I was growing up, it started out for the scouts but then we took it over and that's how we would earn our school clothing money for the year.
24.) I later went to work for the fireworks warehouse while in college
25.) I have sprained my neck more than I would like to remember (5 times that I can count off the top of my head)
26.) There are 6 kids in my family, 3 boys and 3 girls with a 20 year span between the oldest and youngest.
27.) I've been to the Bahamas and Puerto Rico
28.) I sat on a jelly fish while in Puerto Rico and it hurt terribly until I got some ointment to put on it.
29.) I've never broken a bone though I've sprained my fingers and ankles multiple times.
30.) I loved doing track in middle school and even went to regionals in 5 events, the most you can be in. long jump, shot put, discus, 200 meter run, 400- relay, and 800-relay. I
31.) When I was angry as a teen I would go in my room and blast my church soundtrack tapes which then would calm me down or I would pound out the hymns on the piano until I was happier again.
32.) I love watching romantic comedies
33.) One day while folding my laundry I watched "While you were Sleeping" 4 times in a row.
34.) My sister and I would pretend to be pioneers and I would hook up a cart we had to our riding lawn mower and take my sister and her friends around for rides.
35.) We found some old ice skates up in the attic and they fit me perfectly so my sister and I went out to our pond and she helped me ice skate by holding on to a stick and pulling me.
36.) When it would rain we would head out the barn and play house or to the shed and pretend we were at a skating rink and turn on the music and roller skate around.
37.) I ran in the Starlight Run before the parade one year. I even bet some of the boys from our group that went with us. I thought I was going to die though!!!
38.) I got in trouble on the school bus in 3rd grade for kissing two boys at the back of the bus. (Naughty I know, especially since we were jumping back and forth between the seats).
39.) I taught Special Education for 4 years before staying home with DD
40.) My first car was only $800, 1980 Honda Accord. I loved my little blue car.
41.) I've been in 3 car accidents in a little over a year and half time frame. None were my fault.
42.) I was in our play production in 4th grade (Oregon Trail Revisited 2, I was a gypsy) and in 5th grade our drama production (I was a can-can dancer and then was in a full leg cast and crutches for our performances.)
43.) I prefer pie over cake ever since I got sick from my friend's birthday cake in 4th grade.
44.) Once my cousin and I laughed for over an hour straight and then could remember why we started laughing in the first place.
45.) I took a job painting around the school while I was in college and once was painting in the boys locker room and this guy started changing while I was in there since he couldn't see me up on top of the lockers. I had to turn away and tell him I was there. I think he was more embarrassed than I was.
46.) I saw a stingray while snorkeling in Puerto Rico.
47.) I've been kayaking in the ocean.
48.) I've swam in a bioluminescent bay! It's the coolest experience ever and everyone needs to experience once in their life time.
49.) I can't eat pancakes without throwing up because when I was 4 or 5 I ate too many of them and threw up and ever since then I have a gag reflux when ever I try to eat them.
50.) I've always told my family that I have more taste buds than them and while in Biology in College we did this experiment on that very topic. Our teacher handed everyone a simple piece of paper and told us to put it on our tongue. Most everyone didn't taste anything but as soon as I placed it on my tongue an acid taste was there! It was so gross. Our teacher told us that if we could taste it that we had more taste buds than the average person. I was so elated to know what I had said all along was in fact true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment