Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 19, 2008

Well, I'm taking DD to my friends this morning so she can babysit her while I go to the orthopedic specialist to get my shoulder looked at and hopefully the cortisone shot that I need! I can't wait to have my arm back since it's been a year since my car accident and the dang insurance company has been a pain to deal with. They better pay up a lot when I'm all finished with this since we have had to pay 1,000 out of pocket since they are stupid. YUCK!

Update:
Well, my appointment with my new orthopedic doctor went well. I couldn't get my cortisone shot today because he needs written consent from my OB since I'm PG. He also says that he think I may need to have surgery on it because the ligament is so badly damaged from what he can tell but that can't happen until after I have the baby. This poses a problem though because the car insurance company has only given me until January to get all my treatment taken care of and I'm due at the end of January. Hopefully the shot and physical therapy will heal it, which there is a slight possibility that it will, but the whole thing is stressing me out. I'm trying to be relaxed about it because it's out of my hands and I can't do anything about but I'm still worried that something will happen that I won't be able to get it fixed. It's a mess.

Thankfully today I'm feeling a little better. I gargled with salt water a lot yesterday and sucked on a cough drop today and that has seemed to help a lot. I just hate not being able to do a whole lot when your sick and PG. DH's home tomorrow so I'm hoping that I will be able to get a good nap in and rest my body so I don't get fully sick.

No comments: