Friday, August 08, 2008

August 8, 2008

Sometimes I wish I would have waited two more days to be born so I could have been born on the same day as my Daddy. My dad and his sister are born on the same day 20 years apart and then I would have been born 40 years apart from my Dad but I came only6 days late (my due date was July 31st according to a paper in my childhood memory box). I'm sure my mom was happy though considering the heat of August.

We had some yummy Roast, mash potatoes and gravy, salad, corn on the cob, and garlic bread. It was very yummy!! DD loved it too especially the corn on the cob which was a mazing since she normally won't eat veggies. She loved gnawing on the cob which probably tasted sweet and felt good on her gums.
One plus from DH's sort of job was a box full of wonderful gloves.
They will be excellent for working out in the fields for my Dad.
DD with one of her Aunts
(I love how they are matching too!)
Yummy twist...blackberry cream roll. It was delish!

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Since it was 8-8-8 it was also the opening ceremonies of the Summer Olympics. We stayed and watched part of the opening ceremonies there since we weren't recording it at home and DD loved watching all the performances and fireworks. She was enthralled with all the music and colors. She was up late but went to bed really easy once we were home and was fairly good.

No comments: