Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 27, 2008

So I headed off to the library with DD before heading to our playgroup at the park. DD got her last prize for the reading program and she got her t-shirt too for completing the entire program! After claiming her prizes we picked out some new board books for her and since she's now mobile she was all over the place. One of the librarians that does the Thursday reading class was surprised to see her walking. I'm always amazed that they remember everyone from their class. One fun thing I did was let DD pick out 4 big kid books off the shelves. She loved it! I think I need to do that every time we go now. She even moved down the shelf to grab the next book too. I went and tried finding a book for me but she was walking all over the place exploring her surroundings. Next time I've decided to bring the stroller so she can't escape or just reserve all my books so I don't have to look for them. I came home and reserved a bunch. I'm determined to read more of the classic books. One of my friend posted a list on her blog and I was shocked that I haven't read many at all. I did put a bunch of knitting books on hold to try and find a pattern to make something for DD for Christmas. I was surprised at how many I had on hold. I must have gotten carried away when I was looking on line. That's the nice thing about the library though is that it's free to look at them!



We headed over the park and saw no one was there. I called my friend and found out they were heading over to a different park so I went over there. I got out and visited for about a half hour since DD was asleep in the car but the park wasn't there! They were re-doing the ground and took all the play equipment out. The kids just ran around on the grass there. They still had fun. I love how kids don't need much to have a great time!

After the park I got a text message from DH that he was working out over at his parents so I headed over there. DD finished her nap in the car and slept an hour. DH was on the phone with his brother that lives in Spain when I got there speaking in Spanish. It took me a while to realize that he was speaking Spanish! I'm so use to hearing it with his music that my brain didn't even pick up on it.

I help my mother-in-law open a facebook account while we were there. It's always fun to help her figure out new things with the computer. I'm so impressed that she wants to learn all these things especially since she's in her late 60's. Most people her age wouldn't even try.


Here are some pictures of her bike wounds. They look much better than they did before. I didn't see them but am taking her and DH's words for it. OUCH!!!








DD had a blast playing with all of Grandma's toys, especially the blocks and cars. She created quite a mess so I started singing the "Clean Up" song and she came right over and starting picking up with me. I just love how she does that.

For dinner DH and I went downtown to pick up his last work check and headed to Taqueria los Gorditos (a local taco cart). DH eats there frequently while he works with one particular company. I have seen them since I was PG and wanted to show DD to them. Unfortunately DD was asleep when she got there and the owners were out buying groceries for the cart. DH ordered dinner anyway. I got three tacos and DH got a torte. I opened the bag for my tacos and pulled out this huge foil wrapped meal and a palm sized foil wrap. I figured the large one were my tacos since there was no way that 3 tacos could really fit in that tiny package. To my dismay DH said the small one was mine. I was in shock!! How could they fit three tacos in there. I opened it up and found miniature sized tacos!!! Wow!! I told DH I should have ordered 10...LOL. I just ate some more stuff once we got home.

While driving home we remembered that DH had a test with a police department over 30 minutes away. We were praying he would make it on time since we were so late getting home. They closed the doors at 6 so he wouldn't be able to get in after that.

I worked on finding some pictures for my scrapbooking group that night. We were making mini books and I wanted to do something for DD. I had a hard time figuring out what to do but decided to get her b-day pics, the ones of her every month with her stuffed animals and doll, and her birth since there was a deal when buying more than 50 prints. It took forever to load the prints online since my connection kept dying on me. I finally got them up loaded and then it said it was going to take an hour and 15 minutes! UGH!!! It should have been only an hour tops. Now I was going to be really late for the get together. I looked at DD and she desperately needed a bath. She was filthy from all the food she had eaten from the day despite us wiping her down all the time.

After her bath and dressing her in her PJ's I checked my e-mail and the photos were finish, 30 minutes early! Yeah. I grabbed my stuff and put DD in the car and headed over to Walgreen's. I got my prints and went to the scrapbooking. I was 1 hour late and felt bad but thankfully they didn't make me feel bad. Another lady showed up after me too so I felt even better then. DD was a little cranky here and there but loved the banana muffins that were provided. She played with my friend's kids and explored the house. I was able to get 4 pages out of the 12 completed before I knew it was time to go! DD got in to the ashes in the fireplace twice and tried to eat it. YUCK!!! That was the end of it for me. I collected her toys scattered around the house (as many as I could find) and drove home.

DH was almost home when we got there, he passed the first test and was only 1 of 9 to take the second 450+ question psych test. Since he was almost home I let DD stay up a little longer to say good night to him. She ended up being up till 10 pm! A very late night for a little lady.


1 comment:

Alisha said...

I'm so glad you could come for scrapbooking! I didn't even notice you were that late . . .! We'll have to get together soon and do some more scrapbooking. I miss it, too.