Today was Esther Dickey's funeral. It was a wonderful tribute to an amazing lady. Lots of funny stories were shared among some wonderful musical numbers. I loved how they had a luncheon afterward for everyone which was wonderful to chat and share memories we had of her. She really was a wonderful person who will be missed on earth but Welcomed in heaven.
DD did a great job through the funeral and even laughed along with the funny stories. One of my friends was amazed she did so well and said she never even heard her. That was nice. She really is a great little girl. We sat with Grandpa which was nice for her to play with him too. Grandma was at home still recovering from her terrible accident and not feeling much better.
________________________________________________________
This afternoon after naps DH headed out to pick up the zebra bounce and spin that I saw on craigslist on Friday night. I couldn't' wait for DD to see it. I knew she would be so excited. She desperately needed a more grown up toy.
This was the first picture I got of her after the video.
Don't you just love the joy on her face!
Don't you just love the joy on her face!

__________________________________________DD found herself in timeout yesterday for throwing food on the floor again after a warning and again this morning. She hates time out. After time out I bring her over after a hug and having her sign sorry to me and then we sing the clean-up song and I have her place all the food that's on the floor in my hand. Yesterday she did great. Today she didn't want to pick up anything after the first piece so I did hand over hand picking up.
This afternoon she started throwing her food on the floor from her snack and I walked over to her held her hand and told her sternly to not throw her food on the floor or else she would have a time out. She immediately went to pull her bib off to be done! Yeah, she didn't try to throw the food on the floor like she previously would do. I hope we are making progress.
She also handed me back the pizza she didn't want from dinner and not one piece ended up on the floor! I'm so excited and pray that this will continue working.
__________________________________________
Today while I was making dinner, yummy French bread pizza, DD entertained herself by emptying out the box of computer CD's and then singing the clean-up song (though her version just repeats "clean-up" over and over) while putting the CD's back in the box. It's really cute!
__________________________________________
Tonight I went to knitting which is always a hoot. You never know where the conversation will go and I loved it! I was able to get my dropped stitches fixed which made me VERY happy. I am hoping to finish up the baby blanket this week and start on DD's Christmas present and then work on a hat for the baby and a bigger blanket or clothing item. We will know the sex by then so I will know what I will want to do. I'm getting so excited and I don't know if I will be able to handle another week and 2 days more.
1 comment:
DD is so cute! You sound like a great Mommy...I might have to steal some of your parenting ideas; especially the signing sorry...so cute!
Post a Comment