Sunday, October 25, 2015

WH Harvest Party FUN

The Harvest Party at church was so much fun.  They had fun games in the overflow by the Primary and the kids loved it.  I was chasing Rowan most of the time and trading off with Kevin so I could take a few pics of the kids before my phone died.  We even got a family photo booth Pic too...still haven't received a copy yet, though Nikki to send it to me.  ;-)

We had the regular chili feed and I scored a bowl of Sharon Mueller's yummy white chicken chili with cilantro.  It's AMAZING.  I sat down to eat it and Rowan moved my spoon toward his mouth (he was sitting on my lap).  I was so surprised since he's my boy that never eats new foods willingly and usually hates everything.  He loved it and then devoured my entire bowl.  I asked Kevin when I realized halfway through he was going to eat it all to get me another bowl and I'm glad I did because the pot was GONE...it's that good.

Then there's the yummy pies.  Kevin got me a couple at first since I was holding Rowan but they weren't that great.  I ended up liking an apple pie the most but then I tried my Lemon Meringue that I brought and it was so GOOD!  Come to find out at the awards for the Chili and the pie...mine won FIRST place!!!  YUM.  Grandpa Vaughn won second place on the chili too!  Kevin's Puerto Rican "chili" more a soup didn't win.  He was sad by that but figured that people might not consider it a chili because it didn't have beans in it.

The kids loved Trunk-or-Treating.  It was cool to see how elaborate some people got with decorating their trunks.  Glenn hurried off with his friends and got through the lines twice as fast as us.  The girls stayed with Rowan and I.  Rowan seemed a little scared of most of the people and turned his face into me as we went to some trunks.  He loved the lights some had though.

At the end there was a Haunted House.  Rowan LOVED the Haunted House (walkthrough) the young men put together outside for the Harvest party.  He really enjoyed all the lights and seeing the different boys doing crazy things.  After we came out he walked back in and kept trying to get back in.  I think he went though 4-5 times and stayed in there forever too.  It was too cute!  The other kids went through multiple times too.  It was so fun for them all.  I got scared once when they were behind me and I didn't know it.

Glenn's in the Black & Red Ninja outfit with his friend, Jake Jensen, as the army guy (though they were calling him Thomas in the video)

No comments: