Saturday, February 09, 2013

Duck Watch and Sleep

Kevin's coworker/friend was having an open house since they had just bought their new house.  It was the first time we were going to see his little baby girl too, Chloe.  The kids were bored easily since they only had a few baby toys but a duck from the near by pond walked up the street and they enjoyed watching it.  Kaila begged me to take a picture of it.


 It was a long drive home.  Glenn and Addie fell asleep in the car and Kevin and I were both tired too.  I don't know what it is about being in the car that soothes you to sleep but we were exhausted.  After getting the kids inside and unloading the car Kevin laid down on the couch and Kaila cuddled with him.  I went up stairs to work on something and came down a few minutes later to find them asleep.  I crept back upstairs and slept myself.  I think we all took a 3 hour nap.  It was wonderful.  Poor Kaila and I had a hard time waking up from our slumber.

No comments: