After I put Addie to bed I was walking down the stairs and heard her calling yet again for me. I walked in to her room and she said, "I hungry." This is her usually response. Tonight I KNEW she wasn't hungry because she had eaten and eaten so much food it would be nearly impossible for her to be hungry. I told her she couldn't be hungry since she had eaten so much. She then puts her foot up in the air and says, "I hurt." I kissed her foot and said she's fine. She opens her mouth to say something else and I quietly told her, "Addie no more excuses. It's time to go to bed. Close your eyes and go to sleep." She looks up at me and responds, "Oh, Time to sleep." I said yes. She said okay and rolled to her side and closed her eyes. It was like a realization that it was time to sleep. I guess the whole being put in her crib with our whole night time routine (PJ's, brush teeth, floss, vitamin, song, scripture, prayer, book) wasn't enough to signal that it was really time to go to sleep. Crazy girl. She actually never called out again which was wonderful. Some nights it's never ending.
After relating the story to Kevin he told me about what happened earlier in the day with Addie. She had found one of the Headbandz game pieces on the floor. She picked it up and was telling Kevin, "Put up on the aaaahhhh..." She noticed the game wasn't in time out on the refrigerator any more and was puzzled mid sentence. He said it was so cute to see her realize that as he was talking to her.
Saturday, February 09, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment