Today I was lucky to be able to go to school and volunteer in Kaila's class. It's been a long time since I have been able to go in and work in the classroom with school vacation, Kevin being sick, and Kevin's work schedule. This time I got to sit with the kids and help them read their books. It was amazing to see the difference in the kids that had been practicing at home with their parents on their books versus those that haven't had the practice. I really want to go and help those kids that don't get that practice. My heart aches for them because if they get behind in Kindergarten they are just going to get further and further behind. So sad!
Grandpa came to help in the classroom too. Kaila was so excited to see Grandpa there to work in her class! With both of us there to work we were able to get through almost all the kids. I put Kaila in his list of kids to read. She did great on her book, "Hamster Home." We had to work a lot on the word tube. She didn't know what the word meant even with the picture of the hamster with the tube. We read it 5 times yesterday to help her remember the word and then I went over it again with her this morning. The practice paid off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment