Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sick Woes

Kevin felt great when he woke up this morning but upon getting up realized he was still sick. I slept on the couch last night in hopes to stay well but that meant I didn't have an alarm clock to wake me up to get Kaila ready for school.  I thought Kevin was going to set the alarm anyway but he didn't think I was expecting him to so he didn't and woke up at 8:30.  School starts at 8:35!!!  Kaila quickly got dressed while Kevin poured her some cereal and I quickly got dressed.  Sadly I had stayed up late to wash Kaila's sparkly black leggings to wear with her ballerina shirt for school. Sadly either I forgot to start the dryer or it didn't fully dry and they weren't dry for her to wear.  I got another pair of leggings out for her to wear.  Amazingly we got her out the door and to school in time for her not to be late.  She said she was able to walk in with Grandpa who was there to volunteer in her class that day, which Kaila LOVES having Grandpa there.

I got Glenn to school right on time today which was wonderful.  He was even able to watch a Woody Woodpecker show before leaving which made his day!  I came home and got all of Glenn's room organized and some more of the playroom/office organized!  It felt awesome to do all that.  Addie was so cute following me around and playing and demanding that I do certain things "sit here" "eat this" "look Mommy" "slide mommy",  it was cute.  One funny moment was when she was playing with Glenn's magnet dolls and put one of the ball magnets on for the head of the doll.  It was hilarious!  She thought so too.  I told her to go show Daddy since I thought it was so funny that she barely two came up with that!

After picking up the kids from school (which Kaila couldn't stop talking on the way to pick up Glenn, she was on some high being with her friends and teacher) we ate lunch.  It took me two tries to get Addie to finally stay in bed but she finally did.  The older kids and I did homework, I cleaned, and kept trying to do more laundry.  The annoying thing was the dryer didn't seem like it was drying our clothes!!!  It  so frustrating.  I have a huge pile(s) of blankets to be washed yet either the washer gets off balance and stops or they aren't drying!  I still have a huge pile downstairs and another upstairs as I'm heading for bed.  UGH!  Tomorrow will be another day of laundry...trying to keep the sick germs at bay.
The Girls dressed up and play fighting before bed!
 
One nice thing tonight was I got to go to Enrichment (a little late since I was trying to get the kids in bed before I left so Kevin wouldn't have to do it) but it was wonderful. We got some great tips on budgeting and food storage.  Jennifer Stagg presented the entire thing on her own and provided ALL the food to sample.  It was all delicious!  The cake was moist made with canned applesauce, yummy ranch dressing made from powdered milk, chicken salad from canned chicken, and refried beans made from canned beans blended up!  Everything was so yummy.  There was even homemade rolls from ground wheat all from scratch!  Jennifer is amazing!!! 
 
 
Snow was falling when I got out to my car which was so exciting.  It covered the ground and my car.  Sadly it all left by the time I got home.  I snapped a few pics though.  I'm wondering if we will ever get snow this year to actually play in!  I really want to go sledding with the kids.  We might have to venture up the mountain this year instead of just using out backyard.

Kevin's thankfully feeling better.  It was nice to visit with him tonight since the past two nights he's been in bed.  He was actually downstairs tonight and we got to talk about our budget plan and enjoy some TV together.  I'm so blessed to love spending time with my husband!  He's so wonderful to talk with which is very important to me.

No comments: