Sunday, January 13, 2013

God's Beauty

Today I only took Addie to church with me, much to Kaila's dismay.  She said her tummy was better but her chest still hurt.  After coming home Kevin said that both kids could have gone but it was better to be safe than sorry (though later Glenn was having explosive poops, "Funny noises" as he called it, so we are keeping home from school tomorrow too).  Poor kid.

The earth was frozen this morning make us late for church as I had to scrap all the ice off the windows on the car.  The beauty of the trees, fields, and grasses covered in frost/ice along with the roof tops was glorious to the eye!  I was in awe as I drove to church.  I was so bummed I hadn't run back in the house for my phone so that I could have captured the moment with a picture.  Everything was thawed out by the time we got home from church.  It was a beautiful scene!

Since I just had Addie today I decided to try and stay for choir since I saw that it's only suppose to be a half hour.  We went over a song they are singing on Sunday!  Carrie Matheny and I are the only two singing one part too so I guess it was a good thing that I stayed.  Addie did great sitting next to me and eating her pretzels.  Carrie's daughter, Christiana sat on the other side of her much to Addie's delight.  Those two have a bond like no other.  Addie adores her and Christiana reciprocated the love back.  Addie was so excited during sacrament when she spotted her sitting a few rows behind us.  She beamed and said, "Look Mama."  I turned but had a hard time figuring out what made her so happy until I finally spotted Christiana smiling back at her.  So cute! Christiana even came up after sacrament asking if she could take Addie to nursery for me.

Upon returning home Kaila and Glenn both assaulted us at the car wondering what took us so long.  They didn't know I was going to choir and having left my phone they had been waiting by the window waiting for us for a half hour.  Kaila surprised me with a clean floor, lunch on the table (PB sandwiches), and rinsing the dishes from the little sink into the big sink.  She's such a sweetheart.


The napkin Kaila had made for Glenn to help him feel better..."Glenn_ I <3 and="" br="" face="" happy="" heart="" u_glenn_kaila_="">
Sadly Kevin wasn't feeling much better and after lunch went to nap upstairs for about 3-4 hours (depending on if he read first...I didn't ask).  I got tired while watching a show with the kids and told Kaila I was taking a nap and pulled out the hide-a-bed.  She and Glenn played "Guess Who" while I slept and eventually turned on a movie and Addie came out from her nap and joined them.  I finally got enough energy to get up and got dinner going.  Cafe Rio tonight, YUM...but I had to finish the pork I had started last night and this morning, make the rice and beans, along with the tortillas.  Kevin got up just before I was finished and then we were able to eat just after 6pm.  The kids weren't thrilled with the dinner choice.  Addie loved the leftover mac ' cheese more than her cheese roll up, Kaila didn't eat but a few bites even with threats, Glenn wasn't feeling well and didn't want anything (I'd given him a little Ginger Ale to help with his tummy though).  Kevin was pleased and that's all the matters.  We have a LOT of left overs so now we have that on the menu for next week.  :-) 
Addie LOVES reading now.  This past month she has exploded in her love to read to herself and be read too.  Such fun!

No comments: