Friday, January 18, 2013

Savings

Since Kevin and I are trying to really stick to a budget this year and hope to pay off all our debt in the next 14 years (at least that's what Dave Ramsey says it will be...).   I was looking through a recipe I had from 2 weeks ago and noticed the gift Kaila had gotten for her friend up the street was the regular price and not the sale price.  That made it twice as much money.  I know it was on sale because I had given Kaila a budget to spend and she stayed within that price.  Today I went back to Fred Meyer and explained all this to the customer service rep and she looked it up on the computer and confirmed that it should have been on sale so I was refunded $10!!  Yeah more money back in our budget for the month.  I also brought back a bag of oranges that I had gotten and the middle one was moldy and making the others around it gross.  I was able to replace the bag with a new bag saving us another $5.  It was a great day to know I saved our family $15.  I also went over to Micheal's to get some color gel for Glenn's Cake I'm hoping to make for Sunday Night and was able to use a 40% off coupon there too. Yeah for me!!!

No comments: