Last night I crashed on the bed after reading to the kids their bed time stories. Addie actually was in bed already for not listening. Thankfully all that happened after FHE was finished. It was nice to read to the kids but I was exhausted after not having a nap during the day to keep me going. I'm not sleeping well on the hide-a-bed and it's taking it's toll. I was able to get a lot of reading finished with Kaila. I wrote out 1-100 to represent the 100 lessons in the book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I crossed off all the lessons we have done and then went through and started every 10 lessons starting at 40. I told Kaila when we get to the stars she gets to go to the dollar store and pick out one thing. She LOVED that. Now she's super motivated to get to 40! :-) I'm just wanting to get through the program. She's doing a great job reading and I know she could do even more. I struggled with reading growing up and can remember in 1st grade not being able to read what Kaila is reading now in kindergarten. That's my goal for all my children to be confident readers!! I know with my desire, motivation, and Kevin's help it will happen.
Glenn started eating more food yesterday but then his tummy was still made at him and he had another case of diarrhea. Today he woke up and was all dressed and ready to go. I got him to climb in bed with me and cuddle. It was so cold I didn't want to get up yet. Thankfully he cooperated for me. I finally sat up and saw Addie and Kaila both sitting and reading books on the carpet. It was so sweet. I got up and got breakfast made for the kids. It was Kaila's full day of school (love late start) and so we had German Pancakes. I took Kaila to school and got to meet Mrs. Fox (her new assistant in her class since Mrs. Johnson moved to AZ). It's nice to have a face to a name.
I got home and new Glenn was feeling better. He was eating and eating! There was a lot more bickering between Addie and him too. That was actually VERY annoying BUT glad he's better. After reflecting on the day I think Glenn and Addie aren't use to being together all day by themselves. Glenn is normally at school or we got o playgroup on Wednesdays and they are able to run around and get their energy out. Hopefully tomorrow will be better since Glenn's finally well enough to go back to school!
Kevin's still sick but getting better. He had to run in to work to wrap up his last job and turn in their money. Thankfully he was able to get that all finished. He came home and crashed after eating some food. He slept longer than Addie did today. I'm so glad he's been able to sleep through the kids noises which he's not been very successful at doing before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment