Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet Moments

Today was filled with so many fun moments with the kids.  I hope I can remember them all so they are documented for them to read later in life.  :-)

I asked Kaila as we were walking (skipping) to pick up Glenn from preschool what she did at school that day.  She beamed up at me and said, "Mrs. Johnson says I'm a GREAT jump roper! I jumped 5 times in a row. (as she nods her head up and down in agreement with her statement, eyes shining!)  It was so sweet to see her enthusiasm and to know someone else outside of our home/family is helping my child feel good about herself!

Addie today as I was changing her diaper, after another rinse in the tub do to her now 3.5 month diaper/fungus rash, started singing her own made up song!  It was the first time I have ever heard her make up her own song.  It was the cutest thing.  I wish I could have understood every word.

After activity days I went to pick up the kids at my parents house (Nana and Pa) who watched them for me during the activity.  As we were driving home I asked each of the children what they had done.  I started with Kaila and she shared about coloring, moved on the Glenn who talk about coloring and watching a movie (Surf's Up), and before Glenn was finished Addie started talking, and talking, AND talking!!!  I have never heard her talk so much.  I really only understood about 5% of what she was saying (baby and movie).  She has a great vocabulary and I can usually understand most of what she says but she was talking so fast I could only catch a few things here and there.  It was the cutest thing!!!

No comments: