Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lost Binky and Clippin' Nails

Addie lost her binky today. I told her to go and put it back in her crib when I saw her with it. I guess she didn't do it...so tonight she went her first night without a binky. I had to reminder her a few times that "I am sorry you lost your binky" but she went to bed and was all quiet (better than normal)! We'll see how the rest of the night goes.
 For the last week or so Addie has found the fascination of clipping her nails with a play pair of plastic tweezers that came in her doctor kit she got for her birthday.  Today she came up to me saying, "Hold momma, hold."  She had her little had around her dollies wrist reaching the dollies (baby's) hand up for me to hold. I grabbed a hold of the hand thinking we were just going to play holding hands with the baby BUT then Addie let go of the doll's hand and grabs the other doll hand and begins to "clip" her nails.  She wanted me to hold the doll's hand for comfort for her.  Too funny and cute.  Its the biggest thing for Addie for the past several months to have someone hold her had for comfort.  Kaila started it while getting her hair combed and Addie quickly picked up on it...excessively I might add.  It might not even hurt at all but if she thinks it might she is begging for someone to hold her hand.  She has a MIGHTY grip by the way and multiple times last week I had to tell her to be softer as she was actually hurting me.

No comments: