Tonight was the Relief Society Broadcast. We were blessed to have dinner prior to the Broadcast which was a real treat. The High Priest served us and cleaned up the mess along some wonderful friends prepped all the food (25 apple pies, 200
wedge salads, cornbread and honey butter, baked beans, BBQ chicken,
watermelon, strawberry lemonade). What service of time and love shown to all of us!
During dinner I got to know two sisters from the Estacada Ward and two from my ward better. It's so nice to get to know each other better and build that bod of friendship. During the Broadcast I got to sit by a dear friend, Lynne and thankfully she had some Kleenex in her purse for me. Each speaker shared a story that made me cry. The one that broke me was Elder Eyring's talk about his daughter who was 6 months pregnant that started to bleed. The amazing thing was her VT knocked on her door right then and by following a prompting most likely saved her and the babies life. Hearing that she was bleeding brought immediate tears to my eyes thinking of my sweet baby that I lost earlier this year. I thought that the pain was going away or gone but hearing that story brought it right back to the forefront of my head and the tears streamed down my face. It was so sad to me. A sweet elderly lady that sat next to me after the meeting started even handed me some Kleenex. So sweet and thoughtful! It was a wonderful night spent with friends and the spirit. I know that eventually the pain will be gone (at least I hope so) if not I at least know there are friends there for me to put their arm around me and hand be a Kleenex to dry my tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment