Sunday, September 02, 2012

Bueatiful Sabbath

Driving home from church Glenn put his cap on his head and it was so cute I had to take a picture of him.  Then everyone else needed a picture too though Glenn didn't want his picture taken.  I sure hope he gets over this phase of not wanting his picture take or making a goofy face instead soon.



Once we got home I took some pictures of Kaila and her pony tail.  I don't remember being able to get all her hair up in a ponytail before.  She LOVED it.  It's also the last time she was able to wear her green jumper.  She's grown so much this summer.


For dinner I tried out a new recipe from Pintrest ...so YUMMY!!  Sadly the grill doesn't cook evenly so we had too many that got charred.  We salvaged a few and thankfully the kids didn't like much of it so Kevin and I got to enjoy most of theirs.  :-)

Key Lime Chicken

This particular recipe combines the flavors of fresh lime, zesty soy sauce, garlic and just the right amount of honey to make a fabulous marinade.
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 Tbs. honey
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* Juice of 1 Lime
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

In a small bowl combine soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic.

If you want to have grilled breasts, Place chicken breast halves into the mixture, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes. If you prefer kebabs, as are pictured, cut the chicken into large chunks, skewer onto bamboo sticks that have been soaked in water for 5 minutes, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.

For a slightly zestier version, add a teaspoon of Freshly Chopped cilantro to the marinade.

Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Serve with fresh salad, steamed veggies, baked potato or any of your favorite sides. For variation, try marinating shrimp, (which will take 2-4 minutes to grill in all!)

No comments: