Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow is Falling on My Head

Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) I was up super late chatting online with friends, folding laundry, going through pictures, and best of all watching Anne of Green Gables.  Since Kevin was up in Seattle I knew I wanted to watch my girl flicks.  Such fun.  What was even better was snow falling outside my window!  It was dream like and peaceful.  I just love the cozy feeling and stillness snow creates.  It was coming down pretty hard when I finally looked and couldn't believe how much snow there was in just a few hours.  I was tempted to wake the kids up to see it but knew better.  I just prayed it would stick around long enough in the morning to play in since it was suppose to warm up to be in the mid 40's Wednesday (love the weather feature on my phone).

1st Reading of snow at 2.5 inches

The 2nd reading of snow before heading to bed 2.75 inches

Thankfully the snow sort of held though it was raining on us and was VERY slushy. We didn't let that bother us too much and had TONS of fun playing in the snow...creating the biggest snowman we have ever made as a family (taller than the kids which they were THRILLED with).  I even pulled out the sled after putting Addie down for a nap and we took advantage of our little hill in the backyard for some sledding. We had so much fun.  I felt like a kid again!
We had snowball fights
Poor Addie did a lot of this and HATED it...the slushy ground was very hard to walk on

 
Gotta LOVE a belly flop in the Snow..."Hello Up There!"
Addie loved playing in the playhouse and finally ended on the floor ready for a nap

Our little snowman got a fun little beard as Kaila pointed out.  :-)
The snow was so muddy I had the kids pile new white snow on top of our balls to make the snowmen look better.  Muddy snowmen just aren't appealing to the eye.
The SLUSH!


Sweet Kids wanted to pull Mommy down too












No comments: