Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pirate

For Glenn's birthday party with his friends I decided I would attempt to make a pirate cake.  I saw a pic of it on Pintrest and knew I needed to try it after watching the video.  It looked simple yet I know that professionals can make anything look simple and since this was my first cake I knew it was going to be rough but thankfully it turned out awesome.  Kevin's words before I started and after seeing the picture was "good luck."  I don't think he thought it was going to be very easy.  Thankfully it was after we finished with the dreaded frosting.  Thankfully a sweet friend lent me her cake pan and some wonderful advice about putting wax paper on the bottom and then freezing it.  Worked wonderfully and the wax paper was just like a sticker...easy to peel off and held the cake together.  Fabulous!

Here's the finished Product 
(from my phone pic...more pics to come from Kevin's camera)

No comments: