Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy face or Sad?


Today I took DD in today to get her blood drawn. She's been complaining of tummy issues so I was curious to see if she's allergic to milk. She usually complains after having something with milk though other times I'm not sure. She was getting tested for that along with "celiac disease" (gluten allergy) and for inflammation in the body. The inflammation to see if there is anything going on with her leg issue that keeps happening. Last Sunday she again woke up and wasn't able to walk well. Since it keeps happening in the same leg, and area her doctor wants to run the test to see if anything is going on. Since all her x-rays have come back negative she is then going to send her to an orthopedic surgeon to look at her to see if they see something that she isn't seeing. It's really weird and I pray that it's nothing major. Poor DD has seen more specialist then I think I have in my life (ENT, ophthalmologist, "belly button" Pediatric surgeon, and now orthopedic). Sadly she got scared and started to cry and screams so we had to hold her down to help them get her blood tested. It was so sad. Thankfully she finally stopped. During it I asked her if it hurt a lot or a little. She said a lot but in the car told me it was a little and she was scared. I felt bad for her that I couldn't comfort her. I tried my best and she even remembered doing it before and how it wasn't so bad then but still hated it this time. I took her to get an Oreo shake afterward though.

No comments: