Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I wish I could go back to CA...it was a rough day here with cranky kids. Sunday's are so hard since DD can't get a nap in since church is during that time frame. I stayed home with LM since he has a horrible cough that started Friday night and prevented him from going to his last swim class. It was nice to get the laundry started for tomorrow and make dinner though.

We walked so much at the parks that my legs, butt, back, shoulders, and feet are still killing me today. Everyday I woke up and more of me hurt.

On Saturday my sister took us out for breakfast at a local place in Huntington Beach that she heard good things about. I got french toast and it tasted like Pancakes. I couldn't eat them (probably a PG thing). My sister said they were find but could some what see what I was tasting. Thankfully I ordered eggs and hash browns too since that was their specialty. They were good. We went back to her place and changed into our swim suits to hit up the beach.



Mary was SO EXCITED!! They were flying kites that day and there was a HUGE line of sea shells that stretched along the beach and was about 4-5 feet wide. Mary was in heaven collecting them all and even filled up her shoes with treasures to take home. She even made another little friend, Alex and her little sister. Rebecca and I laid on the beach trying to stay warm. The wind was blowing a little and it was sunny but not warm yet. I told Mary to let me know before she got in the water but I spotted her going in. She came out and started to try to find us. We was lost. I let her feel the panic for a bit before I went to get her so she would know it's important to follow the rules and know where you are. I showed her how to find us along the beach with the pier and life guard stations and told her to not go in the water above her knees (knowing if a wave caught her she would still be safe).


I had started down to watch her in the water (she made another little friend) and a
wave came up and got her past her waist. She was telling her little friend's mother that her aunt had told her NOT to go past her knees. I came up to her and told her it was okay and that was the reason I told her to stay at her knees for the waves. She was grateful for that. I think she HATED to have done something wrong. She went over and helped some other people dig and HUGE tunnel but the lifeguards came and told them that wasn't safe and to fill it back up. Mary requested to be buried in the sand which we happily did and then had her rinse off in the water and headed back home for showers and pack for the airport. It was a wonderful morning!

I even ran around to the trunk for my computer at a red light for my computer to download the last of my sisters pictures. At the airport we got through easily and checked our bags this time. That was nice. We got food (CRAZY expensive...$8 for a happy meal, $10 for a tiny pizza). Portland is reasonably priced and I never realized that. We got Happy meals...they messed up again on both our orders so I went back and got them straightened out. For some reason I thought we were taking the next plane at our gate and then they were calling our names. I went up to the gate and they said we needed to be on that plane now. I felt bad that I hadn't paid attention to that. I was telling Mary we wouldn't get to sit by each other and to pick if she wanted to sit in front of back of me in the middle. This kind man said he would move for us. I almost cried at yet another act of kindness. Mary was so scared to sit "by herself". They gentleman said he had grand kids and understood. I thanked him over and over again. The lady next to us wished she had thought to give Mary the window seat after we had taken off but helped take pictures out the window that Mary wanted and even let her play her game on her phone/ipod. We were so blessed this trip with nice people around us. Yeah for southwest and all their travelers!!!


We weren't able to get off in Oakland and the plane emptied out a LOT there. We had the whole bench to ourselves. Mary complained the most all together on the trip the last hour of the flight. Are we there yet? Hum...let me think? Are we still in the air? I guess not. :) I reminded her of the dog sticker book Nana got her and she got right to it and I never heard from her again. We weren't even told to put our trays up or close our laptops or anything before we landed. We just landed and I grabbed my laptop and helped grab as many of Mary's things as a could as we stopped. She looked at me scared that she had done something wrong since her tray was still down. I told her they should have told us. It was crazy! Now I know they can land a plane with my laptop on. We had to find a pen of Mary's before getting off that flew as we landed.

As we came out to the waiting area we were greeted by Nana and DH and DD!!! DH had roses for me (how sweet is that!) and DD was holding a sign saying "Mommy" with hearts on it. It was so cute!!! I was so happy to see her. I don't think she liked seeing I was gone away with Mary though. DH said she was so excited to see me until she saw Mary too. Funny girl! We got our baggage and parted. It was weird leaving Mar after spending 4 days together.
DD was on a high though from seeing me and was talking up a storm.We got a Mexican Hot Chocolate for DH at Coffee people and got in the car. I was happy to be home but sad too. That's the way most trips end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DD I guess did awesome at swim class and put her head under the water and did everything she needed too and passed her class. She now can go to the next level! I'm so excited for her. LM didn't go since he had his cough and DH didn't want to get him sicker or the other kids sick and he slept during his swim time with Grandma at home. DH was still able to pick up his certificate of participation. I'm sad I missed their last day but glad Grandpa came to take pics for me.

DD's last class of merbabies

Playing on the table while mommy was gone


The kids getting their presents I brought back for them.

No comments: