Thursday, April 16, 2009

Arizona here we come!!!!

April 15-16, 2009



We have lift off



We made it to Phoenix safely. DD slept almost the whole time on the plane and LM too. We actually got three complements on how well they did. We didn't even pull out the DVD player! I was impressed with the kids and very grateful. DD was tired and I told her to lay her head down on me and go to sleep and she did. I transferred her to DH's arms when LM woke up to eat and then I fed him and the flight was almost over at that point. DD woke up about 15 minutes before landing and just played in LM's car seat and looked out the window since we were lucky enough to get an extra seat for him!!!

We went to the botanical gardens yesterday (twice once during the day and again at night) since they had a glass exhibit which was lit up and it was fun to see at night. They also had a butterfly exhibit to go to. DD loved all the pretty flowers and butterflies. It was amazing to see all the different butterflies and see how well they blend into their environment. I loved watching a huge group of the them sleeping upside down on a tree.

The Beautiful Butterfly Garden!!!













I thought this was cute!
The glass all light up at night! Spectacular.
For dinner we made the drive to Mesa (20 minutes) for some yummy Cafe Rio for dinner! My sister and I got a salad and burrito to split. It was so worth the drive there and thank goodness they were still open for just a little longer. YUM!!!! That place is the best! I'm craving it again already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Today we went for a walk after breakfast our yummy breakfast of strawberry waffles with whip cream. Once we were ready for the day we walked down the LONG block (probably 8-9 normal blocks) to a service station for a treat. DH got a candy bar, DD some Cheetos (her fav), and I got a Popsicle.

DD managed to put her shoes on all by herself! (**Notice her left shoe is turned in on the heel but not bad for a 1 year old!**)

LM ready to go for our walk. Don't you love his hat.

Waiting for my sister to get off of work after our walk. DD is enjoying her Cheetos and DH is checking his e-mail or Facebook.

Other than our walk we just stayed at my sisters and took naps and hit up a pizza joint, live concert, and some art galleries in a near by town. To finish off the night we grabbed some ice cream on the way home. Got to have your Cold Stone!

DD walking all over the rocks while at the concert.
Crunch, Crunch. AZ has rocks everywhere instead of grass or bark dust. DD LOVED walking on them to here the sounds they made and to kick the pebbles with her shoe.

DD was so tired from the concert/ late night that she was falling asleep in the car. We were just minutes from our hotel and wanted her to stay awake so we could get her ready for bed. We put on her favorite song (pink) and she immediately started to dance in her seat practically asleep. It was the funniest thing. She even moved her hand back and forth until slowly it came to a stop since she was too tired to even move.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been able to get a little bit of walking in while here. And I weighed myself on Monday and dropped 2lbs since I started my walking group! I'm so happy that some more is finally coming off. Now I just have 9-11lbs left to lose and get my flabby tummy in shape! That's also if I don't gain any more while on this trip.

No comments: