Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009

DD is cranky this morning because I won't give her candy. It's been lovely. LM has to be held too so he's in the front carrier and DD is still trying to convince me she deserves candy. What a fun morning and DH is off getting a DVD system installed in our car for our trip.
------------------------------------------------------------
While I was cooking dinner in the kitchen I had DD coloring on some paper from the recycle r. She loved it and was close to me (where she wanted to be).

So today was a rough day since I was alone all day with the kids. DD was a pill. She wanted candy for breakfast (rice crispy treats from our fondue the night before and then v-day candy). It was especially bad every time I was feeding LM. She would cry and cry for me to lift her up and hold her. She even tried pushing LM off my lap so she could sit there. The littlest thing would set her off and she would cry for an hour or more. I finally couldn't take it any more and put her to bed a half hour early! I then fell asleep on the couch with LM exhausted from the day of dishes, laundry, and crying children. DH went to a fund raiser about stopping the sex trade in Portland so he didn't get home until 10:30pm. He was sweet enough to realize that I needed a friend (adult conversation) and called up one of my friends to come over and hang out with me. I was asleep on the couch when she came but it was so good to see her. I didn't realize how frustrating a day it was until I saw her and started to cry. She was so sweet too and brought me over some cheesecake! How I love my friend. It was just what I needed. Once DH got home we escaped to the store to get some food for the baby shower and baptism (my friend was going to). It was so nice to get out of the house and shop and even more so without kids!
LM sporting the cute jammie set my mom got him with the matching blanket!

No comments: