Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

A yawn and a wink! (with a smear on the camera lens...hence the blurry top left corner).

I'm feeling even better today which is wonderful! DD is a little better too. At least she didn't sleep all morning. She's still very clingy and wouldn't let DH put her down at all so DH couldn't eat until I got up to hold her but then I had to feed LM and shower before he and his mom took off for the play we had tickets to see. I decided to stay behind this time to be with DD and since I'm still sick and let DH take his mom to the play. We didn't think it would be fair for grandma to tend the sick, clingy, and cranky child. I was really bummed to be missing it too because it was one of the 'bigger' plays we were seeing.

LM napped earlier and I can't get him to now. He's being good for the moment in his swing but I don't know how long that will last. I also think he's draining my milk supply. I use to feed him just on one side at a time but starting last night he needs both sides and then this morning he still seemed hungry. I think it maybe time for another growth spurt. He is almost 2 months so it's right on schedule. I can't believe he's getting so big! He's so much more aware of his surroundings and is able to open and close his hand with more control. He even held a small toy two days ago. It's amazing how quickly they start to do things.

We tend to get 7 straight hours of sleep every night now with LM and it's wonderful. I'm waiting for him to drop his last early morning feeding so we will be completely sleeping through the night. I can't complain though since he only wakes up once in a 12 hour span to eat and be changed.

It was gorgeous today! I wanted to take DD and LM for a walk today but after thinking about it realized that wouldn't be the brightest idea to go out with bronchitis and DD with Croup so we stayed in. At least in CA it's in the 70's! I can't wait to be there next week. I'm planning on lots of walks and play time at the park.
Poor DD with her being sick when DH got her up from her nap this was what her nose looked like.

So today DD woke up from her nap after only a little over an hour so I let her fuss and she fell back asleep. We actually had to wake her up to make it to our WIC appointment. They took her iron count while there and she finally passed! Yeah, now she doesn't get poked for another year. I'm so glad she's finally eating meat even if it takes dipping it in ketchup, LOL! I passed too which was great since I haven't eaten much or well since being sick. LM is getting huge. He now weighs 12lbs 4.8oz and is 22inches tall! She said whatever I'm doing with him is working and is great. His height to weight ratio is in the 90%. He's a chubby little thing according to their stats. We'll see where he falls on the doctor's charts at the end of the month.

We had fondue for dinner tonight and DD actually liked it! I'm so surprised. She's getting so much better about trying out new foods. She thought it was hilarious for us to be dipping our food. I guess it is a strange idea when you think about it. She wanted tons of sausage. DH didn't think it's the healthiest thing (which it's not) but hey, it's meat and she likes it!

After dinner DD and DH gave LM a bath. DD is loving being able to help out with LM and thankfully LM is starting to like baths better too!

I'm having to take the mini pill since I'm breastfeeding LM and I'm having break through bleeding with them (VERY ANNOYING). My OB says there is nothing I can do about it since I'm breastfeeding. I never had that problem with DD. She told me the only thing I could do was to get a 5 year IUD but there could still be break through bleeding with that but the 10 year IUD doesn't have any break through bleeding. I'm scared to death of the IUD's though from my mom's horrible experience and I don't even want to try it. 10 years is just scary too. I think that would really screw up your body! I think I will stick with the mini pill and my spotting!

No comments: