Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Today I went to play group with DD. She had a blast walking all over the place with the kids. It was her first play group to actually really interact. We left and I fed DD a quick lunch and tried laying her down for a nap. She kept crying so DH went up and let her lay on his chest and she felt right asleep. She only got a about a half hour of sleep because we had to drop her off at my friend's house who was watching her while DH and I went to the doctors. I got my cortisone shot put in my shoulder today! OUCH!!!!! I asked my orthopedic doctor if it was going to hurt and he asked me if I have been stung by a bee. I said I had and he said people relate it to that. It did hurt but I think the stinging pain from a bee sting was worse! This was a dull aching pain like someone was shoving something in my arm (which they were). Now I'm on a 10 day waiting plan to see if it took and then I can start therapy on my shoulder to help strengthen the muscles around the joint and the ligament. It ached so bad tonight after only a few hours which isn't good but tomorrow is suppose to be the worst and then it should slowly get better. I did have full relief right after the shot though and that was amazing to lift my arm up and not feel any pain at all. It's been a year since that has happened!

After picking DD up from my friend's house (she did great by the way though she was looking for us and was sad when she couldn't find us) we headed over to Heidi's for a late lunch. They were celebrating their 40th anniversary and rolled back their menu to that time period and the PRICES!!! It was wonderful. DH and I both got french dip sandwiches which were the biggest I have ever seen and oh so good! DD got a side of potato salad and we got two sodas and a side of french fries. I ended the meal with apple pie a la mode and shared a few bites with DD. Sadly DH doesn't like apple pie. It was so YUMMY!!! The best part was our total bill was only $7.50!!!
It was wonderful.

We also had signed up to feed the missionaries tonight so I came home and grilled some hamburgers for them but we were so stuffed we didn't have anything to eat. We had a great chat with them and reminded them of some friend's of our down the street from DH's parents house that were investigating that had been forgotten about. I hope they are able to help them out since his wife isn't doing well and they could use their love.

Sadly we can't find our camera. I searched the house earlier this week and then went to my parent's house since that's the last place we remember having it. DH search our house again for me while I was gone since I wasn't having any luck. Sadly it's still lost even after searching high and low and everywhere we can think of. DH thought of something that makes me worried we may never see it again. DD has been fascinated with the garbage the past few weeks and started throwing her sippy cup and other toys in the trash recently. We wonder if she got a hold of it and threw it away without us seeing it. The trash of course was picked up last night so we can't even check it and will never know. We can't afford to buy another camera either which is a major bummer. Thankfully my Dad let us borrow his camera to take pictures tomorrow. I hope some miracle happens and the camera is found though!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I hope you DO find your camera! It's yucky to lose our "stuff." I lost a diamond from my wedding ring this morning and I'm NOT happy about it. :(