Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 17, 2008

So today I finally took DD to my parent's house while they were at church for their AC they have downstairs when she only napped for a little over a half hour! She was so cranky and miserable that I just grabbed the bag that I packed yesterday for my in-laws and grabbed a container of food out of the fridge and jumped in the car. It immediately felt better with the AC on in the car. DD wouldn't nap for me but enjoyed playing around until she was so exhausted she was cranky. I finally had to take her upstairs to my mom's bed and got her to sleep though it was hotter up there but cooler than at our house. I finally convinced DH that we have to have AC and it's not fair for DD when she's so miserable and a trip to the ER for me. He agrees and says we just need to be careful about when we can turn it on. I said fine, name the temperature and I will abide. It's just impossible to cool off a house when it's still over 80 at midnight. I tried staying up late last night to get it cooled off as much as I could but it didn't really work a whole lot. Thankfully a small storm system passed through and the temp is lower this evening! It's great to be comfortable and not sweating all the time. I say, "BRING ON THE RAIN!"

I'm feeling much better now with only a tint of a slight "hangover" feel. I hope I can wake up and have it be gone tomorrow but I may have to deal with it for another day or two. At least I can function now and it doesn't look like some one had destroyed the house completely! I was going crazy but couldn't do anything about it.

DD had fun playing with her cousins though which was great since I haven't been able to interact much with her the past couple of days. It was my nephew's 11th birthday too so we were able to celebrate with him. DD loved his cake so much that it warranted another bath even though we took one earlier that morning to help cool off. She then enjoyed running around the living room in just her diaper and for the first time found interest in my Dad playing his violin! I love watching her face as she discovers things for the first time.

As I was putting her in the car to go home (DH was getting home earlier and I had the house key) DD decided to help me clip the top part of her seat belt together! She did a great job to and had then most pleased expression on her face, "Wasn't that amazing Mom." Oh, how I love her!!!

1 comment:

isshou ni said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through all that scary feeling and finally got to cool down a little. It must have been horrible for all of you. DH with no sleep and DD wanting you, and you just wanting to feel better! I am glad you were able to get some help! Have you tried wearing a cold, damp dish towel around the back of your neck? I did that last summer and it made a world of difference in keeping me from overheating!