Sunday, August 31, 2008

August 30, 2008

DD and one of her best friends!
Everyone prepping dinner. YUMMY!
DD= seek and destroy
She just happened to see the letters on the refrigerator
and immediately begins to knock them to the floor.
Tonight was so exciting! While over at our friend's house for dinner (yummy tacos!) I had DH come over to see if he could feel the baby since it was moving and kicking a lot. He was able to feel two kicks and one movement! It was so neat. I felt a lot more but I'm so glad he was able to feel it already. I think it helps with the position of the baby being so low and me being smaller this time around. I can't wait until Thursday when we find out the sex. I will be making a posting after this for everyone to cast their vote on what they think it is going to be. I loved seeing the comments and why some felt one way or the other with DD.




DD had a kick playing with her friends and with our friend who's a big kid with her. She loved it! We got a fun video of her playing a type of fishing game though it resembled her being more like a cat chasing a toy around. She love it. Once her friend also just jumped and turned towards her and she would crack up laughing thinking it was the funniest thing ever. She's started to laugh and end in a high pitched shriek of delight. It's so cute but very high!


I started to sing a song I sing a lot when putting DD to bed and she instantly started to cry! She did not want to go to bed yet. Notice her comfort or security blanket...Yep she loves to stick her fingers in our mouths. It instantly soothes her!
This afternoon I was reading to DD while DH was trying to get a cat nap from waking up so early to clean the church building this morning. While I was reading her the third long book and she was munching on her honey comb cereal (her new favorite since yesterday) I noticed she went limp. She had fallen asleep. I was able to lay her down on the couch and she and DH slept another hour and 20 minutes. It was great for her and for me to have a little free time.

Once they woke up we were getting ready to head to the store for a few things for dinner and Sunday's meals and the library when DH got a call from his mom. She was concerned because his Dad's hernia (which he's had surgery on before) wasn't going in when pushed on. She didn't feel comfortable with him driving there on his own and wanted DH to go with him. I agreed that would be the best so DD and I headed to the library, gas station, and the grocery store while DH went to the hospital with his Dad. After returning home from our errands I text DH to see what the update was since I hadn't heard anything yet and he still hadn't gotten in to be seen. He finally went up to see what the wait was and they had placed his Dad on a shift for a guy that was on his lunch break and his papers were sitting on some random counter so no one else caught the mistake! How frustrating. After they found the papers they were in and out in about 15 minutes and heading home. They just said they were going to message his surgeon and most likely he would need surgery again. How frustrating that after all that wasted time that nothing really come of it. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

1 comment:

Stephen Shelton said...

The 3rd picture down looks exactly like Kevin!