My friend, Tanna, that took our pictures yesterday for us already got them edited this morning! She's amazing. I was wondering what your favorites were that we should print out when we get the CD. I'm so excited! I love them all.
Here's her guest flicker link:
http://www.flickr.com/gp/23368986@N05/0h0kST
Today has been a very successful day. I got a yummy lunch made, spice rubbed pork steak turned in to fajita type meat with bell peppers and onion, and yes family I ate all of it (though it was spice so my mouth was on fire and I had to eat it in two sessions.) I got to sleep in. DH got DD up and then got her to sleep more on the couch downstairs so she wasn't too cranky today. It was funny though after lunch I went to the bathroom and Kai always follows me in there. She fascinated with the TP and loves to shred it. I put my elbow on it so she couldn't roll it off but then I told her that was enough and sat her on the floor. She threw a fit and threw herself backward (very typical) but this time hit the wall. I rubbed her head and laid her head on the carpet, yet she kept screaming. I finished and started washing my hands. I watch her get up and I tell her no toilet paper yet she doesn't listen to me and goes right over to it. I dry my hands while she unrolls it and then tears it up the middle. I pick her up and set her in the hall and tell her I said no. She gets mad and cries crawling down the hall toward the stairs. Then she's mad because the gate is up. I ask her if she's ready for bed and she nods her head while still throwing her fit. I picked her up and took her to bed and she fussed for about 10 minutes and was out. I loved how she nodded that she was ready for bed.
DH's job interview went great today. They told him it would take 30-45 minutes but his only took 20 because he was so quick at answering there questions which they told him was good. They asked him to stay and meet with the next guy that interview so he did and that went smoothly too. They had him take a computer test, which he said was crazy. They started out with math questions (not his favorite subject) and they weren't allowed paper or a calculator. He said the first one was easy such as 1/2 + 1/4 but then it was 8043/462 and he was suppose to do that in his head! It was multiple choice but it was timed too and he could only answer as many as he could in that time frame. He said some the pattern ones were very hard to see too. I'm so glad that wasn't me. The poor guy was caught off guard with it too and didn't even have a chance to study or refresh his memory and it's been many years since he's taken any math. Since we will be out of town the rest of the week and out of cell phone range they said they will get back to him next week. I sure hope he get the job! We definitely need it.
I had a reality check though taking care of DD all day by myself. It's hard work. The little bit of help I get from DH helps so much. I hope I can survive once he's working full time and OT on top of that. It's just so hard when your pregnant and tired yet having to care of a little one that demands so much attention and you aren't able to rest as much as you would like. We will survive though...only 6 more months and then there's the newborn which I don't know if it will be any easier.
I was able to go to one of our Enrichment Night activities where they were trying out different types of grilling recipes. My favorite was the Flank steak (poke it with a fork and season with Lowery's Seasoning Salt. Let it rest of 15 minutes and then grill. YUMMY!), I also loved the tomatoes (slice in half, season with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Lay juicy side down on the grill. So Good.) I also liked the asparagus but I came in late and didn't hear what was done with it. I thought it started at 7 but it was 6:30. It was so fun to get away for a little bit and enjoy some great food. They kept trying to get me to eat gross things (shrimp and mushroom). I'm sorry but when I'm not PG those things are so icky and now being PG I wasn't about to try them and throw-up. Thanks, but no thanks. If I wasn't I may have but...I'm not so sure about that either!
I was looking back through some pictures and just noticed how much DD's hair grew just from 11 months to 12 months. No wonder everyone was talking about her hair when we got back from California. I wonder if the sun helped it grow more. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cute pics! Love the family ones as well.
Post a Comment