Saturday, June 14, 2008










We started out our trip to the beach a little late. We had to make a few stops first and turn in some paperwork before we could head out. We actually left about the time that we would have liked to have been there. Oh, well. Things never go as planned. It actually worked out nicely for DD to take a nap the entire way there (yes 2.5 hours). I was so excited because she hates being in the car for a long time since she can't see anything. I really can't wait for her to turn around in her car seat. Only a few more pounds to go.

We went to Seaside first and met the family there at the Seaside Aquarium. Frankly it's a waste of money. They charge each adult $7 and kids over 5 or 6 $6. The only great thing was feeding the seals though I wouldn't touch the cut up fish so DH threw them in and I photographed and held DD. The touching pool was neat for the kids but extremely cold. Sadly it was just a small little room with a few creatures in aquariums for you to see.

There was this huge lobster there that was between 80 and 100 years old that someone came and stole from them. They were caught in the parking lot and dropped the lobster. They thought he was fine but the next day he was dead and they then found a crack on his back. How sad is that someone killed this really old lobster.






















______________________________

After the Aquarium my sister, DH, DD and I all went out to eat for lunch. We went to this seafood place. DH got some calamari though he said it tasted like fancy fish sticks. My sister and I split a French Dip sandwich which was very tender and yummy. DD ate her grapes and cheese sandwich and some of DH's pasta salad with a fry or two.

___________________________________

After lunch we headed down a little past Cannon Beach to Hub Point Beach where the rest of the family was. Kai loved the rocks and feeling the rough texture and walking on the rocks and sand. It was fun but cold with the wind. We stayed for about 20 minutes and then we all headed home through 3.5 hours of traffic which DD thankfully slept through (that's 6 hours of naps!).
















____________________________________

After the beach we went to the Dollar Tree and picked up stuff for DD's b-day party on Saturday. They had the cutest plates, cups, napkins, and balloon that all matched. I loved it and was so happy that everything was so cheap!

Thanks for the idea Rebecca!

1 comment:

isshou ni said...

Happy Birthday Kaila! It was so great to be there for your birthday and to spend time with all of you! I can't wait to see you all again at Thanksgiving!